Brotherdan seems like he really DID leave

by sabastious 180 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

I believe that humanity cannot be at peace unless humanity learns to forgive one another, and puts that learning into action by doing so. Making mistakes does not mean we cannot be at peace. But being unable to forgive for those mistakes, yes, I do think that means we will not find peace (for all). Not until we learn this. (now we can often forgive those we love, because we love them... not always so easy to forgive those we hate)

And no, I don't believe that any one group has a copyright on finding peace.

So what you are saying is forgiveness is the only way. I think that is a much more sensible way to put it.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Peace?

I've have always had peace with you Tammy, this moment is no different.

-Sab

• wasblind
    wasblind

" wasblind, brotherdan has explained his wife was in hospital having tried to commit suicide."

As I said before, he is not the first poster to be goin' through something, others have too

add still communicated with the ones they needed to reach. If they had any kind of agreement

between them even if it was by word of mouth, she needed to be contacted, the same effort he

used to contact Ding, could have been used to contact Zid,

I'm not being judgemental, just stating a fact

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm still getting the feeling from Dan that if we don't accept the Bible as God's be all and end all WORD, we're less respected/respectable. I think that, more than anything else, is the turn-off for many people. Respect goes both ways and when people feel disrespected they disrespect in return; when people are judged, they judge in return.

I think Dan's a good guy. I think 99% of the people here are good people. We're all pretty well flawed though, aren't we?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    He never accepted Jesus as his personal saviour being Hindu and all, then he died.

THis is true, Ghandi admired the teachings of Jesus and he despised what some Christians had made of those teachings.

But he never accepted Jesus as his Lord and Saviour.

Of course Ghandi examplified MUCH of Jesus's teaching, certainly he was one of the most "christ like" figures of thr 2oth century, if not THE most.

Jesus did say that, "at his table would be many from all parts of thr world" and "many that were not expected" to be there will be there, I have no doubt that this is where the likes of Ghandi and others will sit.

Jesus said that all those that love and do the will of His Father in Heaven, are his brothers, and did Ghandi not do just that?

Did Ghandi not love? did he not give of himself for his brothers? did he not love his enemies? did he not take care of the sick, the hungry the homeless?

Yes, he did.

• Curtains
    Curtains

wasblind

" wasblind, brotherdan has explained his wife was in hospital having tried to commit suicide."

As I said before, he is not the first poster to be goin' through something, others have too

add still communicated with the ones they needed to reach.

I'd like to meet these people - they sound superhuman

• laverite
    laverite

Wasblind - Dealing with a family crisis, Brother Dan has surely been in survival mode. I'm not so sure about "needing to reach" certain people. When you go into survival mode, you do what you have to do. The ones he was in touch with are likely people who were able to provide support that was needed. I honestly believe that Brother Dan didn't realize he "needed" to be in touch with Zid or that there was anything urgent on that end.

I will share this - during the time Brother Dan has been gone, I attempted to contact Brother Dan. I didn't get a reply. I did not take it personally and I still don't. I do not in any way hold it against Brother Dan that has continued contact with certain others and not me. I simply want what is best for him and for him to be able to get through his family crises. The people he was in contact with surely were able to provide help; at least I hope so.

Personally, yes, I have missed him a lot. Personally, yes, I wish I could have had contact with him. But I am much more concerned about what Brother Dan is going through than my own feelings about missing his presence on the board and in email or PMs. And I hold nothing against him for not answering. I completely understand.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

PSacramento wrote:

Jesus did say that, "at his table would be many from all parts of thr world" and "many that were not expected" to be there will be there, I have no doubt that this is where the likes of Ghandi and others will sit.

PSacramento <------ My kind of Christian.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Thanks LWT, here is the bible passage as an FYI:

From Matthew Chapter 8

The Faith of the Centurion

5 When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. 6 “Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed and in terrible suffering.”

7 Jesus said to him, “I will go and heal him.”

8 The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”

10 When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, “I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

13 Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! It will be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that very hour.

• wasblind
    wasblind

You already have Curtains

Coffee_black, and under the circumstances she was up against

she most certainly showed supper human strength

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit