Brotherdan seems like he really DID leave

by sabastious 180 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Never give or "loan" out what you can't afford to lose.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yes, Satinka, good advice... [Hey!! Hi, er, you-know-who-you-are!!!]

I don't think your concerns are unfounded. But personally, I've been 'out' for 25 years, so no elders are coming after ME...

But.... The reason I'm on this board... I didn't know about MOST of the background 'dirt' and deceitful dealings of the Watchtower organization, from the time I got 'out' until a year ago, when I joined this board.

Believe me, it's been an eye-opener...

I'm not going to mourn the loss of my books too much - as I stated in the previous post[s??], I wasn't using the books in the way I would have liked to, and I'd had them for several years. I thought that passing the books on to someone else who could use them, would be an effective way to get the information in the books into circulation.

Unfortunately, Bro Dan apparently didn't see the books in quite the same light...

Anyhoooo... I'll probably rebuild the library. There weren't many books; I think I only had 13 or so. They covered a time span from 1908 to 1981; and probably were a good cross-section to demonstrate Watchtower eccentricities and inconsistencies.

Will keep you people posted as I rebuild...

Thanks again for your sympathy!!!

Zid

• shamus100
    shamus100

Ziddina,

Can I please borrow that $200,000.00? ;P

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Hey Zid, sorry to hear you seem to have gotten taken. But I really don't think BroDan planned to hose you or was intentionally deceptive. I think he legitimately lost his mind as he lost his faith in the Borg. Maybe not, but probably. I'd try contacting him and asking how he's doing and whether he's still doing research using your books. You may be able to get them back, after all.

Either way, a lesson is here for everyone. It takes just as long, probably longer, to develop a real and trusting relationship on the Internet as it does in real life.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Shamus...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hi, Mad Sweeney!!!

Excellent advice!!! I'll try contacting him; first I'll post a comment on his blog.

Then, if I don't get a response, I'll send him an email or letter...

Thanks!!

Zid

• out4good3
    out4good3

I kind of felt sorry for the guy at the beginning....but in the end, I think he turned out to be an arrogant ass...a credit to his new found Watchtower-esque religious views.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire!!!!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think it severely damaged his ego that his wife chose the cult over him, and starting a religious blog of his own (and the hopefully positive comments and feedback that entails) is a step at rebuilding his self-esteem. Think of the boost guys like King and Peremino must get from having online followers? I mean, how good does it feel to have people post on a thread you start? Multiply that by tens or hundreds when you have established a blog with regular readers and correspondents.

I hope he's ok, not because he's any more special than anyone else, but because all of us who were once victims of the Watchtower are equally special in that one unifying way. We're free to be all sorts now that we're out, but we all have that one thing in common on top of our common humanity, and we're free to exercise our compassion in ways that were stifled under the Borg. I hope he's ok.

I hope we're all ok.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Very nice guys. I have nothing to say to all the accusations here. The Jehovah's Witness style personality bashing that I see on this thread is pretty shocking.

Update: My wife attempted suicide, ended up in the hospital, and I have been taking care of her and my family. I have kept in contact with a few people here (i.e. Ding), and he knows my situation.

Zid, I will send you your books back. I had no intention of "stealing" them. And we never set up a formal way for me to pay for the books. I apologize that this caused you to think I am a sociopath and that my wife had a legitimate reason for wanting to leave me.

I have talked to many people on the board in person, and they know that I am who I've said I was. I'm sorry that many of you feel that there were many people that were there for me and I was not there for anyone else. I never claimed to not have major personality flaws. It just hurts to hear the cruel words of others...especially during hard times. I did not mean to be cruel to other people on the board. I feel like everything that I said was backed up by the bible and since there are many here that don't like the bible, they took that in a bad way. I am truly sorry for making anyone feel bad and less of a person because of things that I said.

• tec
    tec

Oh, Dan!! I'm so sorry for you and your wife. Is she doing better? My thoughts are with you, and I'm praying for strength to come to you and your family.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit