Last Night's Intervention

by brotherdan 154 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

The prophecy that you read takes place AFTER the Tribulation starts, Debator. Obviously your chronology is still off too.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Also Debator, you are not answering what I said about enforcing speculation or false bible chronology. Please explain how this is biblical?

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Hello Reniaa,

Per your request, a scan of the article can be found here: http://www.myiphonestuff.info/qwotes/scans/1894_w_july_15_p1677.tif (under heading "Can It Be Delayed Until 1914?").

• JWoods
    JWoods
    The false prophets in this time will claim to perform miracles and great signs. Witnesses do not do this and never have.

I thought that the speeches in Cleveland Ohio were claimed to be the "seven mighty trumpet blasts" -

Since the bible gives many examples of people called prophets that didn't actually prophecy you are being dishonest with yourself.

Just because the bible may not specifically state their prophecy, there is no proof that they did not prophecy. If you say they did not, you are saying the bible lied and they were not really prophets. The dishonesty with ones self is denial that the JWs have prophecied in the past and that such prophecy did not come true.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Debator - please reconcile the WT articles that leavingWT scanned.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Reniaa: 24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.

The false prophets in this time will claim to perform miracles and great signs. Witnesses do not do this and never have.

This is an interesting approach. Note that verse 24 doesn't simply say that the false prophets will claim to perform great signs and miracles; no, it says they will "perform great signs and miracles."

So, as I asked in my thread (http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/196460/1/According-to-the-WTS-who-are-fulfilling-Jesus-prediction-that-there-will-be-many-false-prophets-in-the-last-days)--who are the "many false prophets" that Jesus predicted would be running around in the Last Days?

• debator
    debator

Hi everyone

This is getting circular. You say the bible shows that all prophets prophecy yet when it is shown the bible itself gives examples of those called prophets who have not prophecied you say they must have despite this because in the bible all prophets prophecy. That sort of reasoning just gives me a headache.

Hi brotherdan

The burden of proof is on you to show they claim to be inspired for any of those dates and have got them as words from Jehovah himself and not decerned them from his word the bible.

All Leavingwt examples show is that they use the word "prophet" for themselves but this is not False prophecy and just a misdirection into a red herring and in fact again redefining false prophecy away from clear bible definitions.

The 7 trumpet blasts are bible prophecy already written in the bible.

I have to go now but thank you for your replies.

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

Funny how when the kitchen gets very HOT... they run... seems like with all the edvidance from there own magzines they still cant accept it.. wow..

• undercover
    undercover

Great thread... Just had to mark it so I can come back to it and follow it closer later...

• superpunk
    superpunk

All Leavingwt examples show is that they use the word "prophet" for themselves but this is not False prophecy and just a misdirection into a red herring and in fact again redefining false prophecy away from clear bible definitions.

LMAO!

This is basically what you just tried to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit