Last Night's Intervention

by brotherdan 154 Replies latest jw friends

• debator
    debator

Hi Jwoods

Please do not put words in my mouth. I am saying nothing of the sort. I am saying they simply do not do prophecy. They only have understandings from already written Bible prophecies and chronology this is not the same.

If someone writes a complicated map for someone else to use with written instructions that need them to use a compass and recognise certain landmarks as they travel to a specific destination. The person that then uses this map even if they make mistakes on it are not writers of the map they are only users of the map. And we are told to use it. If we don't use it we will never get to our destination.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

By saying that the lies (or mistakes as you like to call them) come from the holy spirit that directs the organization is blaspheming the holy spirit. It is the 1 unforgivable sin spoken of in the Bible. Be careful. The holy spirit did not direct ANY of these sayings of men.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

brotherdan,

Are you ready to handle 607/1914 or the blood doctrine?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Have you read the 72 WT called "There will be a prophet among you"? They directly say that they were appointed to be Gods prophet and PROPHECY OF THINGS TO COME!!!!

They admited this themselves. So whether you use the word prophet or not, they are a prophet. They call themselves one. A prophet does nothing but prophecy.

Did they create a map, Debator? If so they led everyone off a cliff. If God DOES have 1 organization on earth today, it CANNOT CANNOT CANNOT be the WT.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Billy, I tried to talk about 607 and 1914 last night and it was a bit difficult. I have not memorized the chronology of the Babylon king's reigns yet. Nor do I remember the exact tablets that are used to prove a later date for the destruction of Jerusalem.

I do feel comfortable about the blood issue and brought it up last night as well. I said that if a Witness can receive blood fractions, that is tantamount to receiving blood. She actually agreed and said it was wrong. So I said, the society, then, allows blood transfusions. They are just limiting the amount of blood "materials" that you can put in your body. Totally unscriptural. She changed the subject.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Hi Jwoods
    Please do not put words in my mouth. I am saying nothing of the sort. I am saying they simply do not do prophecy.

Seriously, do you even understand how insane the above statement is? They have been doing prophecy about the end of the world for their entire existence, and have been proven wrong when every single date came to pass and nothing happened.

They have now had to create a non-sensical redefinition (not to be found in ANY dictionary) about the word "generation" when that too passed away and all those people died.

They are FALSE PROPHETS, plain and simple.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Last night, after things got a little heated, I brought up the "new light" on the generations and how absolutely silly and ridiculous this was. She said "It is absolutely biblical! It's not silly!" So I said, "If I would have brought this up 2 years ago, and said I believed it and promoted it, I'd be disfellowshiped, and everyone would think I was believing a lie and being ridiculous. OVERLAPPING GENERATIONS?!?!? WHA?!?!?

She changed the subject. Seemed to be the theme.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The Watchtower, October 1, 1982, pages 26, 27

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Did you notice how they use quotation marks when saying they are prophets. It's almost like they know what they are doing. They should be scared of what's coming.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I love question 8 in that quote: "The Prophet that Jehovah has raised up and whose work must be finished before Har-Mageddon is identified as who or what?"

Debator, care to expand?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit