Last Night's Intervention

by brotherdan 154 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

debator,

did you not see the 1982 Wt leavingwt posted ? they refered to themselves as prophets,

and we know the lies yall told about 1914 and 1975. What was the flavor of Kool-aid did you drink?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Do all electricians work with electricity? Yes.

You never answered the issue, Debator. If I said that Since Haggai 2:22 says that the earth would shake, could I say that there would be an earthquake in Alabama at 2:22 in the morning tomorrow? I used the Bible right? Was this not a prophecy? Was it just a mistake that I made?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The Watchtower, May 15, 1976, page 298

• debator
    debator

Hi Jwoods

Since the bible gives many examples of people called prophets that didn't actually prophecy you are being dishonest with yourself.

Hi Dan

They didn't just pull those dates out of the air they drew them from bible chronology. haggai has no chronology in it. So you would have to ask where they got the date from?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Debator, it IS a sin to enforce the speculation. It IS a SIN to go beyond what is written (Ga 1:6-9) It is a SIN to be a false prophet. I still don't understand where your definition of a false prophet comes from. We are using the biblical definition of Deut 18:20-22.

"If a prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah" - They do claim to speak in Jehovah's name. 9/15/2010 WT. OPEN YOUR EYES TO THE LIGHT!

• debator
    debator

Hi dan

I use the bible definition of a false prophet from the whole of deut 18 specifically from deut 18:18-22

By proof texting your scriptures to only deut 18:20-22 you deliberately miss out the important point that they are claiming to speak the very words Gods has spoken to them. Who is being misleading now?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Explain it to me, Debator.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

LeavingWT, you rock dude. I'm writing these articles down to look up in the WTLIB CD for future reference. Thanks man.

• debator
    debator

Hi brotherdan

I already did about 8 posts down from your first post. I am simply repeating myself now. This has been an interesting debate but I feel I can add no more now. Let the readers read the whole of deut 18 for themselves to decide but also for added emphasis read the definition for false prophets that happen specifically in this time of the end by Jesus himself.

Matthew 24:24 (New International Version)

24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.

The false prophets in this time will claim to perform miracles and great signs. Witnesses do not do this and never have.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

They didn't just "draw them out of the air"? Let's talk about where 607 comes from? They drew that out of the air, and you would be hard pressed to find anyone that agrees with them (Christian or secular). 1914, 1919, 1925? These were not drawn from the air.

Debator...maybe I'm wrong. Would you please explain where 1925 comes from in the Bible? How do we calculate it? How was this a mistake in Bible chronology calculations?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit