Last Night's Intervention

by brotherdan 154 Replies latest jw friends

• boyzone
    boyzone

wasblind

What year was that Sept 15th WT?

• dinah
    dinah

Brotherdan, I really don't read here that much anymore. I sympathize with what you are going through. I know it's hard. The folks here can really help, even if all they can do is listen.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

What's interesting about this girl too is that she is someone like debator or alice that goes to "apostate" sites and tries to convert them. I guess it goes to show that you shouldn't give up on these guys. Maybe something you see will show them that they are not free and are stuck in a mind control cult.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Debator ,you ain't sayin' much of nothin', using Hebrews 13:17

by being on this site you most definitely ain't obeyin' your leaders

and submitting to their authority. HYPOCRITE

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I have a new question for you, Debator.

If I use the Bible and from it I say that something is going to happen in MY life in the future, does that make it a false prophecy? If I took a scripture in Revelation and applied it to my life as a future fullfilment, does that make me a false prophet? After all, I used the Bible, right? I used Bible chronology. Right?

It sounds like, according to you, a false prophet does not use the Bible in their prophecies. Is that correct?

• JWoods
    JWoods
    HI Jwoods
    I am not saying they are not accountable. Jehovah makes All shepherds from any people that have said they are Followers oif Jesus are accountable for how they teach and govern the flock under there care.

OK, but you are still saying that they can prophecy things and it doesn't matter if they don't come true? For example "millions now living will never die"???

What kind of accountability would any sane person call that?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Boyzone, Sept 15, 2010 thanks for bringing that to my attention.

• debator
    debator

Hi sir82

Both Jews and christians understood this easily. They knew the difference between a prophet hearing words directly from God himself and that is how the bible itself got written and God's People being guided/directed by holy spirit from Jehovah himself. The bible itself is the "sword of the spirit" if we listen to the bible we are directed by God's spirit.

Ephesians 6:17
    Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Was every single Jew inspired? was every single Christian inspired? but they as a people where under Jehovah's direction.

Isaiah 48:17
    This is what Jehovah says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am Jehovah your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.
    You are going from the specific to the general trying to redefine the specific into the general.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Debator,

How much time have you counted so far today in Witnessing to us? Are you a regular pioneer? Auxillary? Or is this just so that you can get your 10 hours a month as a publisher and have responsibilities in the KH?

• tec
    tec

Debator - what about that Sept 15 magazine that Waslbind mentioned?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit