Has anyone ever ask a householder to keep their Bible study secret from their spouse?

by wasblind 114 Replies latest jw experiences

• garyneal
    garyneal

Wow, I am late to this one. As an unbelieving husband of a Jehovah's Witness, I occasionally encounter situation where my wife is reading material that I am not too keen on. I do try to remain neutral though about it as long as the material is teaching Bible stories, but there are even some stories in the Bible I do not want to teach my daughter at her current age. Of course, ideally, I think if we can have a more interdenominational Bible study, that would be a much better compromise but I cannot seem to get my wife interested in reading and studying just the Bible.

• garyneal
    garyneal

BANE

Since you obviously feel that JW's religious instruction of other people's children should take precedence over their parents wishes maybe I can invite your kids to attend church with me one Sunday. If we do not live in the same area, maybe I can send your kids the simple plan of salvation as explained by most churches. Or better yet, I can send them some religious kids stories that were not published by the Watchtower Society.

I look forward to your response.

• BANE
    BANE

Gary, you answered your own question in your first sentence. What you believe is not true. It is not in the bible. You won´t find Trinity, Hellfire etc. that YOUR church teaches...Talk about not wanting you kids to learn from witnesses but you find it perfectly acceptable for YOUR kids to learn that if they do wrong God will burn them in fire in hell forever...

Some religion that is. Your god is cruel and vindictive. Mine is not.

Don´t try to say I don´t know what your religion is. They ALL teach that.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Well BANE, I guess it is like what they say, religion is a snare and a racket.

If hell fire is detestable to you, how about the free gift from God that guarantees that you will never have to experience it?

It can't be much worse than working hard in the ministry going door to door distributing literature, attending a number of meetings per week, underlining your WT literature, and refusing life saving blood all so you MAY make it to paradise and not be destroyed at Armagheddon.

But hey, if neither one of those options are pallatable you can maybe allow a buddhist or a wiccan to secretly teach your kids.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Bane says:

" What you believe is not true. It is not in the bible. You won´t find Trinity, Hellfire etc. that YOUR church teaches..".

Bane, can you show me where the "overlaping generation" is in the Bible, if you don't respond it's because i know you can't

• wasblind
    wasblind

I guess you have to lump The WTS up with the rest, Huh Bane.

a snare and a racket

• wasblind
    wasblind

Talk to me Bane!!!!!

• carla
    carla

The wt/jw's are no different than any one who abducts (or attempts to abduct) your children, the only difference is that they do it in slow motion for a short while. Once they become full fledged members of the cult you (the non jw) will become evil, worldly, worthy of death, and last but not least- eventually shunned. Ever hear how a mother bear reacts when someone messes with her cubs? If you are a jw you will not understand these 'natural' affections as the wt has disallowed the normal love and devotion to children within the org. If the child learns about all the lies, scandals, scholarly dishonesty, pedophilia, unbiblical teachings etc.... and decides to leave the cult, well just toss em' out with the garbage! think of them as dead.

• BANE
    BANE

Gary, Jehovah´s Witnesses have the true religion. Jehovah is full of mercy. He saved many Egyptians who didn´t know much about him. I believe the same will happen in our day. NOT to the apostates of course because they knew him and voluntarily turned their backs on him.

Carla....Are you ready for it? I am just about to be triumphant again on these boards by using the Bible. Ready to be trounced? Deut 21: 18 “In case a man happens to have a son who is stubborn and rebellious, he not listening to the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and they have corrected him but he will not listen to them, 19 his father and his mother must also take hold of him and bring him out to the older men of his city and to the gate of his place, 20 and they must say to the older men of his city, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious; he is not listening to our voice, being a glutton and a drunkard.’ 21 Then all the men of his city must pelt him with stones, and he must die. So you must clear away what is bad from your midst, and all Israel will hear and indeed become afraid.

So you are saying that the Israelites didn´t love their children because if they were rebellous they STONED them to death. And you also imply that the organization WROTE THE BIBLE! They MADE up this scripture!!!! No...Jehovah put that scripture in the bible for all to see. So the org when it shuns is A WHOLE LOT BETTER than stoning is it not?

Mama cubs my butt! Bears are animals. We are humans. We are supposed to do what Jehovah says. If I had a kid and he turned his back on Jah and I survived Armaggeddon and my son did not I wouldn´t even think twice about it. Jehovah can give me BETTER sons like he did with Job.

So you just got defeated with this scripture.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Bane said:

So you just got defeated with this scripture.

My reply: Only in your dreams maggot. But we do thank you for your contributions to jehovahs-witness.net

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit