Has anyone ever ask a householder to keep their Bible study secret from their spouse?

by wasblind 114 Replies latest jw experiences

• tec
    tec

Hadit - Thank you for your kind words. I certainly make PLENTY of mistakes :), but learning to love (which I learned from loving Jesus and following his example) is definitely not one of them.

PSac -

Tammy

• Hadit
    Hadit

Tammy - You're welcome We all make mistakes - I do believe I've reached master status. I feel a lot more loving and empathetic since distancing from the WT.

Also Tec, Jesus JUDGED the pharisees to death. Are we not to be like our model? We do not judge ordinary people who are wicked. But according to him we can judge apostates. Also when Corinthians tells us to remove the wicked man from among ourselves do we not have to judge someone worthy of being wicked in order to remove him? So you are quite wrong.

Your reasoning or should I say lack thereof makes NO sense. Ordinary people? Apostates? Judge? I believe we are TOLD not to judge lest we be judged ourselves and that Jesus is the ONLY judge. You need to reread the accounts about removing the wicked - it is NOT the way the WT interprets. As for Jesus judging the "apostates" and according to WT definition of apostate HE was the apostate. Jesus apostasized against the established order of his day - NOT against God. He CONDEMNED the establishment and their haughtiness, lack of love, wrong teachings and hypocrisy. People who walk away from the WT are NOT apostates of God - they are apostates just like Jesus was. They stand up against a man made establishment who are blind guides and mislead many in order to gain power and control. Jesus spoke against ANY man made religion. He said to follow him "I am the way, and the truth, and the life - follow ME."

The "truth" is NOT the WT - is is Jesus.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

There is ONLY one Judge, ONLY one redeemer, One saviour and that is Our Lord Jesus.

No one else can or is qualified to judge, Jesus makes that very clear.

The truth lies in Jesus, the Truth IS JESUS, not a group of people, or religion or organization, Jesus, period.

And only By the HS can we say that Jesus is lord, that he is the son of God, that he died and was resurrected and ALL those that believe and proclaim this ARE sealed by the HS.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Gary, the Israelites stoned their kids...So yeah....The TRUE religion holds service to God FIRST, not second. Sorry you feel that way.

Wow, all I have to say is WOW!

With such a hardline attitude like that, I would hate to be one of your children. All I have to say is if you have any and are acting in that way towards them, expect them to bolt at the first opportunity. You are going to put a genuine hatred of God and religion in their hearts. What a witness!

Romans 5:6-8 (New International Version)

6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Edited to add:

Perhaps you might want to read a copy of The Spanking Room: A Child's Eye View of the Jehovah's Witnesses by William Coburn. His mother took the same hardline attitude with her kids that you are displaying here. The result, BOTH her sons left the religion and became apostates. Her youngest son is very antagonistic towards her while her oldest son (the author) found Christ in a very loving church and has at least learned to forgive his mom and the religion (but certainly not forget).

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    You are using the wrong Bible.

That's your opinion. My opinion is that I used an actual Bible translation, not that corrupt transliteration by Fred Franz and his cronies, who had a not-so-grand total of one year of non-biblican Greek, no Hebrew, and no Aramaic language education among the entire lot.

Specifically, I used the New Jerusalem Bible, ISBN 978-0-385-49320-8, which you can read on line. This is an updated version of the first English version of the Jerusalem Bible, a translation based on multiple manuscripts in the biblical languages (Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic), including manuscripts not available until modern times (Dead Sea scrolls). The highly qualified translation team had extensive experience and expertise in the biblical languages, as well as the literary background to maintain the spirit of the text, not just the literal words. The translators deliberately avoided using the Vulgate, Douay-Rheims, KJV, or various inter-linear editions based on them--it is a genuine new translation, a reliable one, using modern language and idiom.

In other words, it really is what the pathetic NWT falsely claims to be.

In your Revelation scripture it doesn´t even say AFTER the thousand years were ended.

Yes, I was careful to transcribe that accurately. The word "after" is not in the text. That word is, in fact, superfluous: the phrase "... the thousand years had passed" conveys exactly the same meaning!

verses 14,15 which DO NOT EVEN MENTION TORTURE

This is the same burning lake as verse 10, where "torture will not come to an end, day or night, for ever and ever." Same "lake of fire", same torture, different beings condemned to that eternal punishment. If you wish to read the scripture honestly and respectfully, you must read them in context. Each verse relates to the other verses in that chapter, each chapter relates to the other chapters of the book, and each book needs the other books to accurately complete God's message. Do not read corrupt translations, do not pick and choose some verses and ignore others so that the meaning is lost. As it is written in Revelation 22:18 , "This is my solemn attestation to all who hear the prophecies in this book: if anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him every plague mentioned in the book; [19] if anyone cuts anything out of the prophecies in this book, God will cut off his share of the tree of life and the holy city, which are described in the book."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit