Has anyone ever ask a householder to keep their Bible study secret from their spouse?

by wasblind 114 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

Isaac, in this case (my counsin's) yes, and in the case of another who had an affair with a sister. As seriously as each individual jw would choose to deal with a df'd person.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Thanks Blondie. Would you think it was changed for legal purposes?

• pirata
    pirata
    pirata: Bane, does studying the Bible with Mormons also take precedence over what a parent thinks? Why or why not?
    Bane: Let´s try an experiment. What does Pirata THINK I will answer? Let´s see if he'she can do it without the mocking...

I wasn't thinking of anything in particular, but these could be a couple of possible answers:

1) No, studying the Bible with the Mormons does not take precedence over what a parent thinks because they do not have the true religion.

2) Yes, studying the Bible with anyone should take precedence over what a parent thinks because children should have freedom to choose their religion.

• blondie
    blondie
    Would you think it was changed for legal purposes?

Most likely, Isaac, since the person had not taken the final step of baptism. I think there is some explanation in the publications but I am at work and have no access.

Blondie

googling

*** w89 2/15 p. 29 Questions From Readers ***

... the accountability of an unbaptized person who pursues wrongdoing is not the same as that of one who is baptized. (Luke 12:48) He has not been baptized and thus has not become approved in God’s sight, so disfellowshipping is not appropriate in his case

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

You'd think the simple fact they the JW's condone an action that goes AGAINST one of the 10 commandments - respect thy father and thy mother and advocate lying and misleading parents and even one spouse, that shoudl speak volumes for the lack of integrity they have.

• BANE
    BANE

Psacra, WHERE does one learn the 10 commandments though? The Bible! SO.....it would be STUDYING the bible first, honor the father and mother second.

It´s so easy when you guys just walk right into it.

Pirata, Out of your 2 responses...I pick number 1.

• wasblind
    wasblind

i'm glad you mentioned that Psacramento,

because alot of 2 timothy 3:1-7 actually describes them, , they promote some of the behavior

in these scriptures. Satan is clever, the same one who is known as transforming light. the same one the WTS get their light from

• tec
    tec

Pirata, Out of your 2 responses...I pick number 1.

Then its all a matter of one's personal point of view, isn't it?

Tammy

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Psacra, WHERE does one learn the 10 commandments though? The Bible! SO.....it would be STUDYING the bible first, honor the father and mother second.

Really? that's facinating, truly, because NO ONE has ever learned to respect and not lie without the bible, right?

My POINT was that the bible is very clear that lying and misleading ones parents or spouse is wrong and ANYONE that beleives themselves QUALIFIED to teach the bible and DOESN'T know that, is NOT qualified to do anthing of the sort.

And of course, studying the bible is SO PARAMOUNT that Jesus mentions it all the time, same with Paul and John and James and Jude and its all over the OT too.

• wasblind
    wasblind

2 timothy 3:7

"Always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth."

thats them the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit