Has anyone ever ask a householder to keep their Bible study secret from their spouse?

by wasblind 114 Replies latest jw experiences

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Bane, the only thing you have accomplished is making an a$$ of yourself...although that is why you are here. You are here for attention...not to try to prove a the JWs right...you are not even a JW.

Might I suggest a good therapist for you.

• BANE
    BANE

Tec, Yes Jesus wept over Jeruselem. Not the apostate Pharisees. It will be sad if my family doesn´t make it. Oh well. Jehovah will give us much better things in the New System. It says the old stuff won´t even be called to mind.

Notverylikely, Are you ready? My fifth biblical smackdown is on it´s way....Wait for it....

Joesph WASN´T EVEN FREAKING MARRIED TO MARY THEN! THEY GOT MARRIED AFTER IT HAPPENED. BOO YAH! Bane shoots...He scores....So Jehovah didn´t violate anyone. Nice try. I thought apostates at least studied the Bible BEFORE they left...Geez...Feels like I am dealing with amateurs here.

Issac, But everything I have said is based on the Bible is it not? You have been schooled. Admit it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Geez...Feels like I am dealing with amateurs here.

So your life is that empty that you come here to be among us "amateurs"?

Bane, no one here is fooled by you.

You're the board fool and we're playing with you.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Holy crap Bane makes so much win in this thread I'm going back to the KH, ASAP...

Face in palm...

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Can I post it now Mrsjones5? Can I, huh, can I?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Joesph WASN´T EVEN FREAKING MARRIED TO MARY THEN!

According the Law, an engaged woman was considered a wife. That was the point of the scripture blondie posted.

So...try again. If Jehovah impregnated a woman considered to be married by the law he handed down, why wasn't he guilty?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Can I post it now Mrsjones5? Can I, huh, can I?

Yes, but I think it's funny how no one really noticed that it's gone. Or maybe they just don't want to acknowledge it.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

me too.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

NVL..Wins a Cigar..

Bane..Still can`t fetch a stick..

Were Mary and Joseph Married?

Introduction: Not a few openly attack Jesus, his birth, life, and death. In their ignorance and rebellion, they utter blasphemies. Some claim that Jesus was illegitimate, based on the belief that Mary and Joseph were not married at the time of Jesus' birth. Moreover, they further slander the Lord by simply stating that not only were Mary and Joseph not married, but also Joseph did not conceive Jesus. (See Matt. 10: 25; Jn. 8: 48; 10: 20, 21). Another manifest reason for the claim that Jesus was illegitimate is the effort to justify all the situations of people just living together today. There is also a third group of people, those who are simply unlearned and confused.

I. It is not unusual that people experience confusion relative to the marital status of Joseph and Mary at the time of Jesus' birth.

A. One reason for the confusion is the meaning of "betrothed" and "espoused." In regards to Jewish culture and law, to be betrothed or espoused was more than our simple engagement. While technically not marriage, there was a binding contract.

B. While Joseph and Mary were betrothed, Joseph is referred to as Mary's "husband" (Matt. 1: 19). Notice also that at first Joseph believed Mary to have been unfaithful and was minded to "put her away" (Matt. 1: 19). Keep in mind that this was during the period in which they were betrothed.I shall be more precise in a moment, but allow me to now quote from Easton's Bible Dictionary:

"Betroth: To promise "by one's truth." Men and women were betrothed when they were engaged to be married. This usually took place a year or more before marriage. From the time of betrothal the woman was regarded as the lawful wife of the man to whom she was betrothed (Deuteronomy 28: 30; Judges 14: 2,8; Matthew 1: 18-21). The term is figuratively employed of the spiritual connection between God and his people (Hosea 2: 19,20)." II. When one combines the account of the Gospels regarding Jesus' birth and the status of Joseph and Mary, the conclusion is that Mary and Joseph were technically married at the time of Jesus' birth.

A. When Joseph and Mary first arrived in Bethlehem to be taxed, they were betrothed (Matt. 1; Lk. 2: 5).

B.While in Bethlehem and shortly before Jesus' birth, it appears Joseph and Mary were married. I say this based on Matthew's account. At the point of Matthew 1: 18, Joseph had not taken Mary to live with him. However, in verse 24 we read, "and took unto him his wife."

C. Most scholars believe verse 24 is saying that Mary became Joseph's wife in the legal sense of the word, at that point. "And took unto him his wife" was before Jesus' birth (Matt. 1: 24, 25).

III. God recognizes marriage as opposed to fornication.

A. The marriage bed is undefiled, but God shall judge or condemn adulterers (Heb. 13: 4).

B. There is a marked difference between fornication and the commitment to marriage (see Mal. 2: 14 ff., notice "witness between thee and the wife of thy youth" and "wife of thy covenant," vs. 14. Such language refers to an official commitment to marriage as opposed to fornication, compare I Cor. 7: 1-3).

IV. Jesus, the divine and sinless Son of God.

A. Jesus' conception was unusual and miraculous (Matt. 1: 20-25).

B. Many today are "willfully ignorant" and "speak evil of the things that they understand not" (2 Pet. 3: 5; 2: 12).

Conclusion: Those who are simply ignorant can learn and adjust their views, but there are always those who deny the Lord, even among God's people (2 Pet. 2: 1).

Fetch the stick Bane..

................. ...OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If Jehovah impregnated a woman considered to be married by the law he handed down, why wasn't he guilty?

Yeah, Joseph was cockolded and there wasn't a damn thing he could do about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit