Has anyone ever ask a householder to keep their Bible study secret from their spouse?

by wasblind 114 Replies latest jw experiences

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I understand completely wasblind. That is 5 years that can not be retrieved. Saving anyone from the misery of the WT is worth it. Nice to have you...and I feel for what you went thru. I myself was raised in it from 3 years on. I too was never abptized, but an unbaptized publisher. At the time i became an unbaptized publisher, the title was called 'approved associate'. Deletion from being an approved associate was subject to shunning as well. I think the change was made it 1989- where instead of being called an 'approved assoc' one was called an unbapt pub. And removal no longer carried shunning. I was announced "no longer an unbaptized publisher" Nov 1990.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The life stories, i read here literally brings me to tears, wow,

thank you for the understanding, my family is very fortunate

in not understanding, i guess ignorance is bliss when it comes to this

i'm so glad to have somewhere to express myself with folks who truly

understand

• dgp
    dgp

I didn't know they also announced the names of the unbaptized publishers. Wow.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

dgp,

Yes, an unbaptized publisher's name is announced:

"So-and-so is no longer an unbaptized publiser." It does not carry shunning, although such a person would be looked at as bad association.

• blondie
    blondie

Prior to 1988, "unbaptized publishers" were df'd like baptized jws (my cousin was). It was explained to me that they were like engaged people who were dealt with as married people when it came to pre-marital sex (adultery), example how Mary was engaged and pregnant and would have been considered an adulteress and that married or engaged women would both be considered adulteresses in this scripture.

Deut. 22:23,24

23 “Suppose a man meets a young woman, a virgin who is engaged to be married, and he has sexual intercourse with her. If this happens within a town, 24 you must take both of them to the gates of that town and stone them to death. The woman is guilty because she did not scream for help. The man must die because he violated another man’s wife. In this way, you will purge this evil from among you.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Blondie ,you are so thorough, with the information you post, i'm becoming dependant on you

because in haste i threw out a lot of stuff, including cd's the only thing i didn't throw out was

the stuff that was not in my sight at the time. reasoning book and kingdom proclaimers book

i still have

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Blondie,

Was the shunning of a disapproved associate enforced, the way it is for a dfed person?

• carla
    carla

Yes they do ask to keep things secret even going so far as to aks them to lie about where they are going to the spouse. Jw's do not study the bible they study wt literature not the bible. You can call them 'bible principles' all you want, so did likes Jim Jones and David Koresh.

I did find out my jw was trying to secretly indoctrinate our children. Luckily the wt actually has written down all of its evil ideas and one can research their whacky non biblical ideas easily today. Either protect your children from this cult or let them arm themselves with information.

Today if my kids were younger and I found out some jw was trying to secretly indoctrinate them, knowing what I know now? I think that jw would disappear from the face of this earth and no one would ever know what happened to them.

• BANE
    BANE

Yeah Carla....MURDER is alot better than studying the Bible where it says not to steal, etc....

You apostates are really something! Murder is TOTALLY acceptable to you but turning in field service time is WORSE THAN THAT?!?!?

And Issac has been in it since 1990 and yet 20 YEARS later he is still here every day complaining! HAHAHA! WHAT a life wasted in hate! LOL! And he even has the gall to call himself a savior...That he is saving people from the WT HOW? By mocking and being a jerk like he has been to me! By comparing me to a dog he is SAVING ME? HAHAHA....Oh goodness! This just gets better and better.

I am laughing out loud here!

I knew I would find bitterness weakness when I came here but COMEDY too!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Bane, have you been treated for your worms?

Laugh more though bane, you are key contributor to jehovahs-witness.net

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit