A Seattle Police Officer Is Caught On Tape Hitting a 17-year An African American Teenager Girl

by Scott77 236 Replies latest social current

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"(Geez, I sound like I'm 80....."In my day, we respected authority, not like you young whipper-snappers now-a-days...")"

I know palmtree, and I'm only 35! But we were raised differently than the kids now. When I was growing up you could be corrected and disciplined by any adult. You were disrespectful of an adult and you were punished. Had I been that girl, I wouldn't want to call my mother to come get me out of jail, cause I'm gonna get beat right at the jail. That's how they did it back then. It's not just the arguing, but to have the audacity to approach the officer like she did, no respect, and also no fear.

• yknot
    yknot

They told him she was a minor..... he said he didn't care..

Being an officer is a choice, much like becoming a school teacher.......

Both require a great deal of integrity, patience and ability to remain in control.

If you can't keep your cool under fire, get into a differnt line of work.

He lost his 'cool'........

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I hear where you're coming from, Yknot. But minor or not, she is at an age where she must, on some level understand that you cannot take a swing at a police officer and not expect repercussions.

The repercussions in this instance were final and hard. Maybe she hoped the officer would just release her friend. Well, he didn't. When you take a swing at an officer, be prepared for whatever those repercussions are.

I think at 17, she should have had more respect.

I also doubt that officer got up that morning thinking, "Can't wait to hang a lickin on some black chick today!"

An unfortunate incident, but I think the responsibility is more her's than his. She should've known better.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

They told him she was a minor..... he said he didn't care..

yeah I did catch that, and it was after he hit her.

There is a huge group of kids in the video, I'm wondering if this happened close to a school

or bus stop, kids coming home from school or something.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out,

seems like allot of drama for a jaywalking offense.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"Oh Scott!! I was teasing her! I think she got it."

Oh yeah, I get it! I'm going home now and pour myself a nice glass of serenity.

• beksbks
    beksbks

(((((Serenity))))) Oops! Don't drink that last one

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Never touch a cop. Especially when things are heated.

• yknot
    yknot
    Never touch a cop. Especially when things are heated.

I get where you are coming from Freeze......

but when you are an immature adolescent...... you tend to think you are immortal and untouchable.

That said if a cop can't handle the situation he needs to call for back up or use methods that won't result in public outrage or financial liability.

A cop has got to have a real even head on his shoulders or he isn't worth a damn.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    There is a huge group of kids in the video, I'm wondering if this happened close to a school
    or bus stop, kids coming home from school or something.

Purps.......it was close to a school. The High School had REQUESTED the police to stop the jaywalking over safety concerns and for people to use the pedestrian overpass located there. I would venture to guess that people with the attitude of these girls were just walking in front of cars and causing near misses with motorists. Once a complaint had been made the police had to do something about it. The guy that was stopped first didn't put up resistance. The girls did it right in front of the police officer while he was talking to the man about the offense. Under the circumstances the officer acted pretty well. The punch was unfortunate, but I can see why he felt it necessary. No doubt the girls may have got just a warning and no more than a citation if they acted like they had some sense and showed some respect for the law.

Think About It

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nope, still don't have any sympathy for the girl. Totally agree with MrFreeze.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit