A Seattle Police Officer Is Caught On Tape Hitting a 17-year An African American Teenager Girl

by Scott77 236 Replies latest social current

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I would be very disappointed in myself if I raised children who argued with an officer of the law, then physically attacked him for doing his job.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Jaywalking is a problem in alot of areas. I remember driving in Chicago once, and it was like a whack-a-mole game, the people were just popping up from all directions. And they don't hustle to get across the street either, they take their sweet time. A girl(teen) crossed against the light in front of me at a major intersection late at night and stood there for a few seconds in my lane staring me down as I drove toward her at approx 40 mph, like she was daring me. I'm telling you, these young people are stupid and ignorant these days.

• beksbks
    beksbks

LOL Serenity, you don't sound very serene!

• avishai
    avishai

Jaguarbass, sounds like you are trained well, and have the right temperment for your job. I've worked security in mosh pits, @ concerts, and in group homes w/ violent mentally handicapped or emotionally disturbed clients. It IS an emotionally charged job. That's why you get training on how to restrain people w/out hurting them. Whenever we had an employee in security or a group home that wanted to kick ass as a first option, he was sent on his way toute-suite. I've often seen cops and others (california youth authority, etc.) far to ready to use force. Perhaps better screening and better training is in order.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"LOL Serenity, you don't sound very serene!"

Well I didn't hit her, that should count for something! Trust me, I am so much more laid back than I used to be. It's just that something about this topic has gotten under my skin. It's just evidence of the degradation of society. There is no accountability anymore, everything is always someone else's fault. How about someone suggesting that the girl consider how she could've avoided getting hit in the mouth. Most people with even half a brain know if you walk up on somebody like you want to fight, you risk getting punched in the face.

Beks, you've got me all riled up again!

"serenity now, serenity now..."

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I love how people assuem they know how they would have reacted. If you knew half the crap these cops had to deal with you'd pee your pants..

• Think About It
    Think About It

The police were requested to stop jaywalkers in that area. You can pretty much assume why.

He called for back up.

Anyone put their hands on you......you punch them or do whatever to get control of the situation. You don't know these people and cannot trust your safety or the safety of others to them getting control.

The guys knew better to touch the officer. Doesn't matter if it's a woman. Now she damn sure better know better. I fully support that officer and looks like he used the proper amount of force.

P.S. What a surprise both these angels have criminal records.

Think About It

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I love how people assuem they know how they would have reacted. If you knew half the crap these cops had to deal with you'd pee your pants..

Does that in any way ameliorate the wrong done by lousy officers? Cuz there are plenty of bad guys in uniform out there. That fact has nothing to do with the good guys, or the criminals. Individuals cases are just that.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The girl he hit, the one in the pink, involved herself in something she should have stayed out of.

I understand it was probably her friend or relative, but the guy holding her back seem to know

she needed to stay out.

When she went after the cop that was an assault to him.

This is not your usual police abuse from what I can see in the video.

I'm with the poster that said I would hope I raised my daughter to not react in this way, in this particular situation.

purps

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I haven't watched the video, so I don't know who is at fault, but let me tell you something. Having an angry black woman come at you violently is some dangerous shit. I can tell you from personal experience.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit