A Seattle Police Officer Is Caught On Tape Hitting a 17-year An African American Teenager Girl

by Scott77 236 Replies latest social current

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Justitia Themis:

I have to go to an event for work now, but I would really appreciate a response to explain your hostility and ignorant remarks.

Also sent you a PM.

Have a nice afternoon.

-Breck

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

What a completely judgemental, ignorant and idotic load of horse shit. Okay, you got me. I live in Mountlake Terrace, a suburb about 10 miles north of Downtown Seattle

Then you are well aware that those ~ten miles separate two cities with very divergent cultures. ; )

Why Eastern Washington?

Because you write and and think like an Eastern Washingtonian.

I DID watch the video, by the way. None of what actually happened was in view of the camera.

No, but the combination of two eyewitnesses and the dashcam painted a very clear picture. And your incorrect comments that Williams was coming at the officer showed that you didn't know even a key fact from the case that was greatly discussed during the inquest. Read, watch, then comment.

The Sheriff likely wouldn't give two shits about my guns

Law enforcement is always concerned about people who stockpile weapons, regardless of whether they own them legally.

Edit:

but I would really appreciate a response to explain your hostility and ignorant remarks.

Apparently, we posted our responses at about the same time. My hostility? People who respond authoritatively regarding a subject when they have no idea of what is going on is a trigger for me. That's what you did in this thread. It's not hostility towards you really; but, from your posts, I can see that I don't like or agree with the way you think. But, ou may be quite personable for all I know.

My "ignorant remarks"? I don't think they are ignorant. I think they are quite accurate. You are not from Seattle, and you and I both know that anyone from the area would agree that the two cities and their respective cultures are quite distinct. Someone who feels the need to stockpile weapons would be very out of place in Seattle.

Even Seattle itself is comprised of very distinct communities. Ballard is different from Wallingford even though only ~3 miles separates them. The U District is quite different from the International District. SoDo is nothing like Downtown.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    Then you are well aware that those ~ten miles separate two cities with very divergent cultures. ; )

Uh, nope. Not at all. I'm sure folks that live in Ballard would take offense at being told that they're not "Seattleites".

WTF is that supposed to mean? How the f*ck do you know how I think?

Your completely off-base, inaccurate, and small-minded response has changed my impression of you. I thought at first that you were just narrow-minded and just don't like people that own guns. Now I know that you're simply an idiot.

I fit in just fine in Seattle. I have many friends and am quite active in my community. Besides, I LOVE the rain.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Uh, nope. Not at all. I'm sure folks that live in Ballard would take offense at being told that they're not "Seattleites".

See, the above is another example of how you struggle to accurately process information. My post clearly stated that Seattle was comprised of smaller, distinct communities. Therefore, those communities are all Seattle, but still distinct. Seattle is like N.Y. in that manner.

Allow me to put it plainly. Dude, you're not from Seattle.

How the f*ck do you know how I think?

??? By what you post.

Now I know that you're simply an idiot.

O.K.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    Allow me to put it plainly. Dude, you're not from Seattle.

Well, there's ONE thing that you got correct. I was born in Salt Lake City: Lived for 12 years in Portland, OR; and have been in SEATTLE for 2 years. I'm not FROM seattle, but I work and live here, so I guess it's where I call home, for now.

Seattle IS a violent city. Maybe you don't remember just a couple months ago when that fella went into the cafe and shot up the place, then shot a woman in Downtown and stole her car, then finally offed himself?

Lastly, PLEASE explain how I think like an Eastern Washingtonian. Please. I'm laughing already.

Also, when I went down to the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office to apply for my CCP, I fully divulged to them ALL of my firearms that I keep in my house. They seemed entirely unconcerned. The deputy even commented on how I had some "really nice guns".

Bottom line: You don't know me. You don't know anything about me, other than what you read on a discussion board.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

They seemed entirely unconcerned. The deputy even commented on how I had some "really nice guns".

LOL! Oh good Lord man! Do you really think they would react to you personally? I'm suprised he or she didn't say, "I really like guns too! Hey, mind if I come by and see some of them sometime?" LOL! Cops are always laughing about pulling that crap with people and how people will just spill their guts.

Bottom line: You don't know me. You don't know anything about me, other than what you read on a discussion board.

I'm not sure to what this is the "bottom line," but I give you an "A" for drama. I never claimed to know you beyond what you post.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    LOL! Oh good Lord man! Do you really think they would react to you personally? I'm suprised he or she didn't say, "I really like guns too! Hey, mind if I come by and see some of them sometime?" LOL! Cops are always laughing about pulling that crap with people and how people will just spill their guts.

I guess they deemed me harmless enough to grant me my concealed carry permit. Seems like the only person who has a problem with me owning a handful of guns is you.

Why Eastern Washington?

Still waiting for an explaination and/or example of how you come to this conclusion. I'm sure the posters on this board who live in E Washington would like to hear it as well.Is that some back-handed way of yours of calling me a redneck or something?

Do you somehow think that I don't deserve to live in Seattle? Do you honestly believe that I'm the only person in the greater Seattle area that owns guns? I would really, really like to hear how you rationalize your ideas on this. How, specifically, do I not "fit in"?

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I'm active in my community. The work event I went to tonight was a single malt scotch tasting & seminar conducted by Yours Truly that was auctioned off in a fundraiser for Kindering School in Belleview that helps out and treats handicapped kids. I donated my time and a bunch of good whisky as an auction item for a private tasting in the auction winner's home. Didn't have to do it, but I like to help out in my community when I can. This event raised quite a bit of money for this charity. Still think I don't "fit in"? Still think I'm not worthy to live in the greater Seattle area?

What did I do that got you so upset? Just because I didn't decry the former police officer in question as a murderer? I clearly stated that it was tragic that Williams was killed, but when you look at the whole picture, maybe it was understandable. Cops in Seattle are under a lot of pressure and stress. It's illegal to walk the streets carrying a weapon, even if it's just a knife. How do you know that the witnesses didn't embellish anything? I would expect to be shot if I was openly carrying a knife downtown and refused to drop it after an officer ordered me 3 times to drop it. Fact of the matter is, I wasn't there & neither were you. Perhaps you're a C.S.I. or forensic expert of some sort?

Maybe you don't like me because I'm a gun owner? Maybe you don't like me because I believe in eye-for-an-eye justice? I'm really curious. You say it's due to how I "write" and how I "think". Can you be more specific? Can you provide me with some examples of how I "write" and "think" that has your panties in such a bunch?

I don't care if you don't explain anything else. Just please tell me (and please be specific) why I don't fit the Seattleite profile. And PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE elaborate (specifically) on how I "think and write like an Eastern Washingtonian". PLEASE!!! I hope all Eastern Washingtonian posters tune in to read your response. Anybody whos moniker is "Lady Justice" should understand that I'm not being unreasonable. I just want to know where all the animosity comes from.

Thank you & good evening.

Respectfully,

L. Breck Taylor

SEATTLE, WA

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Um, I've only read the first and last page, so I may be missing key facts, but some pages aren't loading properly on the site today, so...

Hitting her in the face was stupid. He should get into trouble for it. She's a minor, a woman, she wasn't in the proces of trying to stab him or anything. He reacted too fast, and I feel suspicious about him somehow. I wouldn't trust him.

The girl should probably get into trouble, and if force is neccessary to restrain someone, then ok. But that kind of force, I don't think was neccessary. The cop, I think, was in the wrong. And again, I have no idea what led up to this. So...it's hard to judge.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Ah, nothing feels better than reading through a thread with posters justifying hitting kids. I feel like I'm listing to a bunch of die-hard JWs.

"punch that bitch"

Well, I can honestly say that Think About It has just made it onto my "I Hope To F*cking God I Never Meet IRL" list.

I agree with Yknot here.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Come on, "Lady Justice". I'm waiting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit