A Seattle Police Officer Is Caught On Tape Hitting a 17-year An African American Teenager Girl

by Scott77 236 Replies latest social current

• asilentone
    asilentone

the cop is 100 percent not guilty under the circumstances!

• John Doe
    John Doe

I am simply shocked at the condemnation and inaccurate vitriol spewed for a person simply doing his job--a necessary and thankless job.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I don't think gender or age has anything to do with this,

A person was assaulting an officer,

I think he did the best he could to gain control of the situation.

I am glad he did that instead of tasing her.

yknot,

I can see you are very passionate about this as for you it is more of a crime against a woman, and a minor woman.

They did not behave like children.

They are both lucky they are still minors and not adults.

It could go quite differently in court if they were adults.

purps

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

If the officer is allowed, why not teachers, coaches, principals, or bus drivers? Do they not also have to deal with mouthy badly behaved teenagers?

This was already addressed in a prior post; you analogy holds no water.

Adult Male Teach punches 17yr old girl in face

Adult Male Principal punches 17yr old girl in face

Specious analogy. Teachers, principles and other authority "figures" do not have the authority to arrest, and to hit, punch, tase, or shoot those that refuse. Police do, and we are ALL obligated to obey. Police are not "authority figures," they are THE AUTHORITY. The sooner she learns she is no better than anyone else, the easier her life will become.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Here is some background on the poor, impulsive little teenage girls.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2012122660_coppunch16m.html

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I have no problem with her being charged, given a citation or being handcuffed...... what I have a problem with is an adult male (allegedly trained in tactical skills of taking down a 'bad guy') punching a female (any female) in the face.

Sexism at its finest.

• yknot
    yknot
    If she would have been punched the first time she was arrested for resisting then maybe she would have learned her lesson then

are you freakin' serious!

Punching is not the answer.......

If it was than it should be a standard form of discipline across the board! So at what age should the punching begin... Jr. High, 5th grade, 2nd grade?

Do you think a child 'punched' as a form of discipline/correction really makes a better society?

I think most of us discern that violence in the home creates a pattern and cycle of abuse.

I am a firm believer in dicipline (even spanking if truly warranted) but punching should never been in that arsenal.

Removing this girl from a home that doesn't instill value and placing her in a juvenile correction center where she could have received counseling, structure and gained a sense of stability would have been far better for her and society.

At this rate all we are gonna get out of her is some abused babies and her probably doing time while tax-payer welfare feeds those babies.

Yea what a wonderful way to solve behavior issues......whodathunkit..... just punch the kid in the face!

• John Doe
    John Doe

yknot, you are off your rocker.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

did you read the report JT posted,

• Think About It
    Think About It
    are you freakin' serious!

Hell yeah! Punch that bitch!

P.S. When I was 10 a full grown man caught me after hitting his car with a snowball. He punched me in the head hard as he could. Guess what? I didn't throw snowballs at cars anymore.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit