A Seattle Police Officer Is Caught On Tape Hitting a 17-year An African American Teenager Girl

by Scott77 236 Replies latest social current

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

The work event I went to tonight was a single malt scotch tasting & seminar conducted by Yours Truly that was auctioned off in a fundraiser for Kindering School in Belleview

Come on, "Lady Justice". I'm waiting.

Sorry. I left right after my last post to go see "Magic Mike's" in BELLEVUE. FYI Ladies, the movie is definitely worth the price of admission!!!

Is that some back-handed way of yours of calling me a redneck or something?

No, if was a front-handed way. Anyone who lives in WA. would understand that. I will answer your questions, but you might want to consider this: I immediately called you out on not being from Seattle simply based on your posts...and I was right.

LOL! Oh good Lord man! Do you really think they would react to you personally? I'm suprised he or she didn't say, "I really like guns too! Hey, mind if I come by and see some of them sometime?" LOL! Cops are always laughing about pulling that crap with people and how people will just spill their guts.

I guess they deemed me harmless enough to grant me my concealed carry permit. Seems like the only person who has a problem with me owning a handful of guns is you.

Here is an example number one of your Eastern Washington 'reasoning.' The fact that they granted you a permit does not mean that they deem you "harmless." It merely means that they did not have a legal reason to deny you the license.

How, specifically, do I not "fit in"?

Example 2) At least one other person on the board asked why you felt the need to own an arsenal, so I doubt that I am the "only" one who has an issue with it.

Example 3) Still think I'm not worthy to live in the greater Seattle area?

I never interjected value into the discussion. That is a classic overly-emotional Eastern Washington response.

Example 4) What did I do that got you so upset?

More EW over emotionalism. All I did is say I didn't care for the way you think. You are the one going off. There are plenty of people on this board that I don't care for, but that doesn't mean they make me upset. I just scroll past their posts. I'm sure plenty of people have the same feelings toward me. As I stated in a prior post, you may be a quite personable guy in real life. However, the thought that you over-react like this AND have an arsenal is scary.

Example 5) Now I am expanding the scope beyond this thread. In the 'gun control' thread you proposed a faulty analogy (pencils mispell words=guns kill people) that Cedars and others objected to. Classic faulty EW gun 'logic.' Using that analogy, nothing that involves misuing an inanimate object could ever be illegal.

Example 6) In the 'gun control' thread and others, you tend towards making assertions like "everyone knows," "all people understand," etc. Say that when defending an argument in downtown Seattle, and you will have everyone objecting and demanding you correct and nuance your argument. Repeat the same argument in EW, and that vast majority of people will respond, "Yup!"

Example 7) I clearly stated that it was tragic that Williams was killed, but when you look at the whole picture, maybe it was understandable.

The grand jury AND the SPD Internal Affairs examined the whole picture. Follow your own advice regarding the 'whole picture.' I believe I stated quite clearly in a prior post that the following is what 'triggered' my statement that I don't like how you think. You didn't review the record to first familiarize yourself with the 'whole picture.' Then, you posted inaccuate information regarding the shooting to support your faulty conclusions, and when you got push-back, you tried to present yourself as an authority because you 'live' in Seattle. You wanted to come to a certain conclusion, so you just disregarded reality. EW.

Example 8) How do you know that the witnesses didn't embellish anything?

Yes. Those two women (late 30s, white, clearly middle-class) are surely that type who would lie under the pressures of grand jury testimony and cross-examination.

Example 9) Fact of the matter is, I wasn't there & neither were you. Perhaps you're a C.S.I. or forensic expert of some sort?

The classic retreat when an EW has been called on his/her argument=I wasn't there, but neither were you, so your conclusion is no more valid than mine. And, then an attack on my credentials. Dude...this screams Eastern Washington.

That's why we have the legal system, complete with forensic experts, C.S.I, accident reconstructionists, etc. The system said this shooting was unjustified, but apparently, you know more than they.

I hope all Eastern Washingtonian posters tune in to read your response.

Do you think I really care if other EW posters respond? I told them the same thing to their faces when I lived in Spokane for three years. (BTW, I lived in West Valley, UT before it was West Valley--Sugarhouse Congregation).

Maybe you don't like me because I believe in eye-for-an-eye justice?

I didn't buy it when "Jehovah" (OT) tried to sell it; I'm certainly not buying it from you. Again, someone who is emotional, has an arsenal, AND believes in eye-for-an-eye justice is disconcerting.

Hopefully, I have provided you the answers you requested. I will not respond any further to your requests.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Ok, Low-Key Lysmith and Justitia Themis, Iam afraid, both of you are heading nowhere with this seemingly endless arguments and counter arguments. The last thing I worry about is the possibility of the mode locking up this thread. Please, can you promise to tone down the discourse? I know this issue is very emotional and both of you will agree, the loss of life was unjustified. Thank you for your wonderful contribution to expanding on this great issue.

Scott77

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Please, can you promise to tone down the discourse?

Only if you promise to start reading before you post.

Was there something about this sentence in my last post that confused you?: "I will not respond any further to your requests."

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

OK. I just have to respond to JT's attack on my character and then I'll drop it, never to visit this thread again.

Firstly, I am not "stockpiling" weapons. 2 rifles, 2 pistols, and 2 shotguns does not constitute "stockpiling" in any way, shape, or form. I used the word "arsenal" in the Gun Control thread. the definition of "arsenal" is simply "a collection of weapons". Doesn't mean I have a roomfull of machine guns.

I've taken firearms training courses and consider myself to be a lawful, careful, and respectful gun owner. I'm actually quite a pacifist. As I mentioned before, I'm not even a hunter. I enjoy recreational target shooting, that's it. NONE of my guns have ever taken a life.

As to the insinuation that I don't live in Seattle, I'm a little baffled by this. Why do you care, JT? Just because I don't live in Downtown Seattle doesn't mean i don't spend much of my work day there and contribute to Seattle charities and the surrounding suburbs and communities. To be told that you don't fit in somewhere or that you don't belong is offensive. I guess JT is the self-proclaimed Mayor of Seattle and feels that she gets to decide who is worthy of being a Seattleite. Utterly ridiculous.

I really hope the posters who live in Eastern Washington call JT out on her elitest bigotry. She obviously thinks she's somehow superior to Eastern Washingtonians and that you are all gun-toting, redneck cretins, and that you all have the same thought process.

Anyway, I'm a good guy. I care for my neighbor and fellow man. I have many friends and really ge along geat with pretty much everyone I meet. I'm not the gun-waving redneck extremist that some folks here would make me out to be. I enjoy living in SEATTLE and all that this great city has to offer.

I hope you are able to find some happiness in your life, JT. It must be extremely cold & lonely up there on your pedestal.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Low-Key Lysmith,

I am fun of Glock 22 .40. Pease, do you think, Glock 27 .40 or Walther P22 .22 is better? Please, what is your views? Iam looking to starting recreational target shooting.

Scott77

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I've never been a big proponent of Glocks. They're reliable, well-made pistols, they just don't fit my hands.

When it comes to caliber, it really depends on what you are going to use it for. If the ONLY purpose is target shooting, a .22 is perfect. Cheap to shoot, no recoil, & can be used for protection, in a pinch.

If you're looking for something to double as a defense weapon, I wouldn't go for anything under the .40. I like the .45ACP round for an all-purpose, sport shooting , carry/defense pistol round. But, ammo can be pricey for the .45. ($20.00 for a box of 50 rounds). The .40 is slightly less expensive.

If you are only going to own one firearm for home protection, buy a 12ga, pump-action shotgun.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Justitia Themis, and Low-Key Lysmith . Iam wondering who was right and who was incorrect in this 'never ending' sago? I do not want to say Low-Key Lysmith or Justia Themis were both either correct or incorrect in their analysis on this issue but I want revisit it once again for closure. Comming on the heel of Connectcut massacre of school children, I want to be very sensitive to gun ownership issue in as much as Low-Key Lysmith is.

Justia Themis

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit