A Seattle Police Officer Is Caught On Tape Hitting a 17-year An African American Teenager Girl

by Scott77 236 Replies latest social current

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ideal ending: Get's home after the video airs, where wife kicks his arse for punching a woman.

• Think About It
    Think About It

She got a natural reaction punch to the face when she aggessively stepped in and interfered with a police officer attempting to make an arrest. Some guy was even trying to prevent her from interferring, but she shook him off and went after the officer. He was alone and surrounded by a hostile crowd who was taunting him. He's got 2 hostile females resisting arrest and it's probably running through his mind that at any time he could be attacked from behind while he is dealing with the 2 women. He probably had no idea how old they were and they probably would have only gotten a citation if they showed some respect and acted civil about it. The law cannot show weakness when it is being disrespected just because those girls wanted to resist. We only see the incident after it escalates. Probably shouldn't have punched her, but she backed off after he did!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D51Vs37VfSY

Think About It

• tec
    tec

This is a hard one.

He shouldn't have punched her in the face. She shouldn't have been in his face. I think he's actually lucky that no male bystander stepped in after he hit her - that could have turned very ugly for him.

He may have just reacted (albeit, badly) to a situation he seemed unable to control. But I think Ynot has it right. Although, I confess to liking Beks scenario just as much :)

Tammy

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"Girl: Civil suit against officer for excessive force."

Probably what will happen, but should not.

That girl was given a good life lesson. She's not the first person to disagree with an officer. At some point her parents should have taught her how to interact with the police- that is required learning for all black children, trust me. She was not just arguing with him, she was advancing on him. The situation was escalating. Woman or not, she had that coming to her.

The only reason the officer should be punished is if something he did contributed to the altercation in the first place, which we don't know.

Sorry, actions have consequences. Maybe she'll think about that from here out.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Maybe his wife kicks his arse on a regular basis, and he was taking it out on the crazy chick

• yknot
    yknot

Being hit like that is very very very traumatizing......

She will have emotional scars for a long time everytime she sees a white officer.....

She is a child acting impulsively like a teenager......

jay walking arrest..... really?

Why not just issue a citation?

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

The bigger question is not whether he should have hit her, but did he use good tactics? When the situation got to the level where he was being pushed and shoved by the girls, he had every right to defend himself. Whether she was a female, black or a minor is irrelevant...they were very aggressive and a crowd was building around them. Tactically, the officer might have called for help and waited, if possible, for them to arrive before he took action...sometimes things escalate so quickly it is a split second choice to act. If the officer had been punched or worse, would we be defending the girls? As a cop, I have dealt with these situations, and believe me, it is easy to analyze and criticize from the comfort of home and replay of video...it is a very different thing when you have to act in a manner of seconds. Not knowing what lead to this situation makes a fair analysis even more difficult...it is just unfortunate that it was escalated to this level in the first place.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Ideal ending- Both girls go to jail for being stupid. (resisting arrest & assaulting an officer for technicality) Nothing happens to the officer.

Think About It

• yknot
    yknot

As naturally as he threw that punch ..... I say he has a history of not hesitating.

Many police wives suffer brutality at home.....

(That said my family's officers are awesome....... calm demeaner, discerns the individual and broader situation before taking action)

The police officer above lost control and reacted in anger and desperation....

• beksbks
    beksbks

Is that what it was for???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit