A Seattle Police Officer Is Caught On Tape Hitting a 17-year An African American Teenager Girl

by Scott77 236 Replies latest social current

• Scott77
    Scott77

Based on this video shot from Seattle, I think this 17-year African American teenage girl acted beyond normal expectation. She is seen threatening or attempting to hit a law enforcement officer who was doing his duty. The officer had to hit her face. I think, it was an interference or obstruction of a police officer. Please execuse me, I may be incorrect. The video does not show exactly how it all started leading to this unfortunate encounter. Please,what do you think? Who was wrong? Was this a matter of police use of excessive force or an act of overreaction? What do you think might have been done to de-escalate the situation?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/37729770#37729770

• not a captive
    not a captive

No question that he should NOT have fisted her. He fisted her.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I am a black woman. I do not think this was an issue of racism or police brutality. This was a situation that was out of control for some unknown reason and the officer did what he had to to gain control. I don't know what led up to this but the video showed those girls being aggressive toward the police officer. Why the first woman ended up grappling with the officer in the first place may help put things in context, but for now the women look bad.

The man who was holding the girl in the pink back should have tried harder to restrain her. I thought it was funny how the narrator said to the officer that she was a minor- the girl looked like she outweighed the officer by a good 50 pounds.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Black woman here also. I'm having a hard time feeling any sympathy for the girl. Not saying she deserved to be hit in the face but she was out of control and came up swinging on a cop.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

They were definitely becoming more and more worked up and physical toward him.

I think he had reason to start getting worried about his own safety.

I think it was irrelevant that she was black. I would have felt threatened no matter what the person looked like.

• beksbks
    beksbks

White woman here. The girls were absolutely behaving poorly, although we have no idea how things got to that point. BUT. That punch was bullsh*t! Shocking.

Is it time for the Chris Rock how to deal with the cops video again?

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"Was this a matter of police use of excessive force or an act of overreaction?"

No and no.

He could have tazed her I guess, but with all the people standing around who knows what may have happened had he reached for a tazer. It looks like the officer was alone, and there were lots of bystanders. Although they were just watching it could have morphed into a mob situation w/serious harm or death coming to the officer. Having been in situations where there are lots of people and there is chaos (ER- sometimes we'd get carloads of people storming the ER bringing in someone who's been shot), things can get out of control quickly, and you must gain the upper hand by any means necessary. I am speaking from experience.

You can tell those girls had absolutely no home training to be jumping up in the officers face, grabbing him in the first place. I'd have gotten my tail beat at home for such behaviour.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

lol beks

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Never a good idea to yell at a cop and grab him, she's lucky he didn't just shoot her.

• yknot
    yknot

Unless it is a matter of life and death (as in she is gonna kill him for real)...... a male officer never needs to punch a woman.

Immediate response: Administrative benching, sensitvity trainng and anger management......

Girl: Civil suit against officer for excessive force.

Ideal ending: Officer loses job ....moves on to small town officer but realizes his error in handling the situation and learns from the mistake

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit