A Seattle Police Officer Is Caught On Tape Hitting a 17-year An African American Teenager Girl

by Scott77 236 Replies latest social current

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Is that quote only for these 'worst of the worst juvenile gang members'? Or is it directed to juveniles of any severity? I need to know before I get really pissed off at the person who said it - not you, Justitia; the defense attorney.

He was referring to gang members. I would expect that he would feel there is probably a sliding scale...but this girl is in trouble. She is not being served by her parents or her guardian, or the local NAACP. All of them are sending her the message that she is the victim, so it will empower her.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    Why not line all of them up and execute them!

Darling Yknot, you are a deeply caring person. I have utmost respect for that.

Everyone has said this girl has been done wrong by her parents and guardians.

but she shecan't be allowed to continue on this course. Next year, when she breaks into your home and takes whatever she wants, and possibly guns down your husband for catching her......how will you feel then?

Very hard lesson for her now, but hopefully will keep her from getting worse in the future.

• John Doe
    John Doe

What can happen when physical force is not used at the appropriate time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX5kwVc9IOk

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

yknot,

Your giving this girl way more credit than she deserves in this given situation.

She will never get the help she needs until she learns to respect HERSELF and authority.

She needs to be held accountable for her actions, I think she will think twice before

pushing and shoving around an officer or anyone for that matter.

She will learn how to conduct herself in a society that does not care

what her background is. It's a cruel world,

the officer had to establish order and after thinking

about what could have happened if he had not handled it the way he did,

I find myself having more respect for him.

She put everyone in a bad situation, including herself.

And I imagine there were some warnings to use the overhead crosswalk

before the police ever came out to write citations for jaywalking.

purps

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Speaking as a white woman of a "larger" stature who experienced physical abuse as a teen and in early adulthood, neither of those girls were handled with excessive force. These girls were resisting arrest, and I wish for the officer's sake, he would've tased both of them. They deserved it, and I hope they both get A LOT of jail time for what they did. In my mind, they are an insult to femininity.

My dear stepdaughter is almost 26 years old with children of her own, and she still will not speak a cross word to her father, even when he is wrong. I cannot ever picture her acting that way at any age, because she is a lady, pure and simple. And her life wasn't the best until she came to live with us at the age of 13.

Shame, shame, shame on those girls! They are a disgrace...acting like spoiled, tempermental, rotten little brats! I've seen better behavior from my grand daughters when they were little toddlers, but of course, they're being raised by a mother who has respect for authority.

• tec
    tec

OMG John!

I should not have watched that. I'm going to have nightmares. The screaming!

Holy, freaking shit!

*calm breath*

But yes, that was an example of a man who didn't want to kill someone, and he was definitely within his right to have done something first. Very potent.

Tammy

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

(((( Jamie ))))

The more I learn about you, the more I respect you.

• tec
    tec

All of them are sending her the message that she is the victim, so it will empower her

I totally agree with you here. Sometimes rehabilitation comes with not being treated as if you're anything special - even if the officer was excessive, which I'm not really thinking anymore, what should be emphasized with her is what she did wrong.

Tammy

• Scott77
    Scott77

She is not a woman...... she is legally a minor! A 'woman' by legal definition is 18 and is so for reasons regarding a person's presumed maturity.Would you still support this if she had been 15, 16? Honestly the whole 'she backed off or she sure knows better now' crap is offensive....... Hell why not start advocating men to treat women this way for every sort of perceived 'threat'. Yea turns out that most of us will also 'back down and sure know better'.........it will be highly effective but does that mean it is a good idea! I am sorry but he couldn't handle himself he had a radio all he had to do was call for back up...... he chose not to and created a situation where he he lost control...... he is the adult and authority and she is a child by legal definition. If you don't like that fact than rally your state senators to lower the adult age to 16!

yknot

I think, yknot is raising very important social issues here that challenges our critical thinking and identify appropriate, fair and reasonable ways to address them to everyone's satisfaction.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

same here tec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit