A Seattle Police Officer Is Caught On Tape Hitting a 17-year An African American Teenager Girl

by Scott77 236 Replies latest social current

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Here is an interview with an expert who usually testifies AGAINST officer use of force. He said that the officer was justified, but that he erred by not getting her to the ground and cuffing her sooner (probably because he knew he was being video taped).

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/96434644.html

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

She put herself in a situation.

These were the repercussions.

Suck it up, butter cup.

If I decide to sell weed on the corner, there may be several repercussions:

1. Nothing happens, I don't get caught.

2. A customer beats me up, takes my weed.

3. The cops catch me and arrest me.

4. A customer stabs me and takes my weed.

When you decide to break the law, you don't know what those exact repercussions will be. Luck of the draw.

This girl chose to break the law by taking a swing at an officer.

Several repercussions could've happened.

Luck of the draw - she got punched.

• yknot
    yknot
    Sexism at its finest.

Had the officer been female I still would have been outraged......(but admittedly a little less based on physical equalness)

Here is some background on the poor, impulsive little teenage girls.

Like I said....... early intervention via removal from home and into state facility.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Justitia Themis,

you know he might have been being thoughtful by not getting her to the ground and handcuffing her.

Taking into consideration that she was a woman and a minor.

IDK, just a thought,

purps

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

are you freakin' serious!

Yes.

Do you understand the term POLICE! Let me start at the very beginning. We, as a society, have authorized a certain agency (POLICE) to be the sole keepers of the use of force, including deadly force.

You seem to be incapable of understanding that distinction, and consistently and incorrectly want to make this a generic hitting-it-always-bad issue.

We authorize and demand that the police hit, kick, punch, taze, and kill, and as a society, we PAY them to do just that.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Like I said....... early intervention via removal from home and into state facility.

The discussion is not about what the officer does in his home. The discussion is not about this criminal's history. The discussion is not about whether the poor little lost lamb ever found Jesus. The discussion is about a group of two women physically assaulting and resisting arrest, and the appropriate response to that. Stay focused dear.

• tec
    tec

Had the officer been female I still would have been outraged......(but admittedly a little less based on physical equalness)

What about if the 17 year old had been a male the same size as this girl? Someone asked that earlier, and I'm not sure if I missed your answer. But that changed the way I was thinking. A male that size coming after a cop, and putting his hands on a cop - I don't like physical violence, but the cop should have the right to defend himself as best he can - and quickly.

He did call for backup.

Tammy

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

As far as being a minor, she is 17 years of age. In our state, the juvenile courts can hold a declination hearing, and she can be charged as an adult. I doubt they will because of the media, but I hope they do.

The other thing that has totally infuriated the area is that local "black leaders" have been all over the media trying to turn this into a race issue. ...insert eye roll...

• asilentone
    asilentone

the girls need boot camp very badly!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The other thing that has totally infuriated the area is that local "black leaders" have been all over the media trying to turn this into a race issue. ...insert eye roll...

I feel ya Justitia, here comes the victim mentality

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit