A Seattle Police Officer Is Caught On Tape Hitting a 17-year An African American Teenager Girl

by Scott77 236 Replies latest social current

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Scott77,

There was no time in this situation to question the girl about her age, or how she was raised.

The officer dealt with her as a person. A violent person.

It was all the information he had at the time.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I watched the video. I'm really shaken.

I'm sure it is shown in policy academy of what happens when an officer neglects to use force in time. This officer could have gotten himself killed if the surrounding people have behaved any differently.

THAT is why the expert said he should have taken her to the ground sooner...

• John Doe
    John Doe

Puts it in perspective, huh.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Yes, good video, Doe.

Even tho you and I are on the same side on this one. I think.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Puts it in perspective, huh.

The sad part is that if this cop had shot the guy earlier, there are those who would be screaming that clearly he had mental issues...so the officer should have been more understanding...used less force...oh my god...what kind of a world are we living in when we shoot mentally ill people...how can you say this is O.K...perhaps we should just shoot them all so we don't have to deal with them...yada...yada...yada..

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

The incident happened at Martin Luther King Jr. Way South near the arterial's intersection with Rainier Avenue South, in the vicinity of Franklin High School.

A Seattle transportation department plan released in 2006 called for Seattle police pedestrian-safety patrols to target jaywalking, particularly near Franklin High and north of South McClellan Street by the Lowe's hardware store.

Between 2002 and 2006 more jaywalkers were hit by vehicles on Rainier Avenue South than in any other corridor in the city.

During that period, 61 pedestrians were struck while jaywalking on Rainier Avenue South -- nearly double the number of accidents on Aurora Avenue North, which had the second highest number of jaywalkers hit with 35, according to Seattle Transportation Department records.

Also during that period, 23 other jaywalkers were hit in the South End, on Martin Luther King Jr. Way South and on Beacon Avenue South. Those roads also accounted for 126 pedestrian accidents at intersections.

There were six jaywalking accidents on Aurora Avenue North in the several blocks south of North 125th Street between 2002 and 2006, tying that short stretch of roadway with Rainier Avenue South between South Hudson Street and 39th Avenue South for the highest number of jaywalking collisions in the city.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/421842_cop16.html

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

wow, in this instance

these cops were there

to serve and protect.

purps

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Yes, purps.

I'm sad this is even being debated.

I pray that officer in Seattle is okay tonight.

Blessings to him and his family.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The video that John Doe posted is precisely the reason why the Seattle police officer should've tased those girls on the spot. There is no reason that a police officer would have to put his life at risk.

(((( Jamie ))))
    The more I learn about you, the more I respect you.

Thank you, Palmtree67!

• Think About It
    Think About It

Big hug to (((yknot))) who is a deeply caring person who sees the potential good in a person.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit