To Angel Eyes & Other WT Apologists

by snowbird 136 Replies latest jw friends

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

snowbird

I ask you, Mouthy, to please forgive her; she knows not what she's doing.

That's getting harder and harder to believe.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Sylvia (((((((((HUGS))) Thanks for your reply.

Forgive her!! of course. But just look at the reply she did on
    the post I did when I brought up my daughters page on My 80th
    birthday ( 2 yrs ago) Is that a loving gesture , Telling me she
    knows others who eat with their Mothers, etc even though they are d/f
    If that isnt rubbing my nose in it. Keep loving her my dear friend..
    Who knows ,may be she is Rennia in disguise .

• brinjen
    brinjen

Great thread Snowbird.

I agree... we all have our own beliefs and values and we all have the right to express them. The apologists don't really bother me that much... after all, I was once in their shoes too.

I do however, believe everyone has their own story to tell, and the right to tell it their own way. They do, after all, know it better than anyone else.

When certain ones come on here and start belittling or making light of someone else's story, they cross the line with me. No one has the right to do that, and I've seen quite a bit of that sort of thing happening here lately, mostly from apologists.

It's fine if you want to defend your beliefs, but please remember... we were all once where you are now. Most of us have since moved on and went through a lot of heartache and pain to get to where we are... please don't make fun of it. There's no need to turn everything that is said on here into an "us vs. them" debate or to always insist on offering the alternative view. It really is like rubbing salt into peoples wounds sometimes.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Forgive her!! of course.

That's the Mouthy I know and cherish.

You rock, girl!!!

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I do however, believe everyone has their own story to tell, and the right to tell it their own way. They do, after all, know it better than anyone else.

Ditto.

Thanks.

Sylvia

• Chalam
    Chalam

That's getting harder and harder to believe.

2 Corinthians 4:4

Angel Eyes needs the revelation and the same prayer that Saul received

Acts 22

8 " 'Who are you, Lord?' I asked.

" 'I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting,' he replied. 9 My companions saw the light, but they did not understand the voice of him who was speaking to me.

10 "'What shall I do, Lord?' I asked.
    "'Get up,' the Lord said, 'and go into Damascus. There you will be told all that you have been assigned to do.' 11 My companions led me by the hand into Damascus, because the brilliance of the light had blinded me.

12 "A man named Ananias came to see me. He was a devout observer of the law and highly respected by all the Jews living there. 13 He stood beside me and said, 'Brother Saul, receive your sight!' And at that very moment I was able to see him.

All the best,

Stephen

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Its not defending beliefs, we all do that.

Its how it si done, we can be rude and insensitive, or we can be understanding and non-judgmental.

We can defend our views with correct scripture or cut-n-paste scripture that actually counters are view and when that is pointed out, ignore the response.

The intent of what we do is what gives us credibility, even when we are ,mistaken in earnest.

What I see from AE and PJS, as two example, is defense of the WT doctrine with no realy understanding of that doctrine, of scripture or even the history of the WT and with an intent to deceive, because of the intent were honest we would have civlilsed debates and discussions.

That is not the case, what we get is silliness, maliciousness at times and more often than not, no replies to honest questions.

Which gives gives the impression of either Trolling or just not very smart.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Being in our former faith, we were quick to judge and point fingers. We were not in the habit of saying we were sorry to those we may have hurt with our lashing ministry. We learnt that from our mother, the organisation - she never said sorry for all the deaths shes' caused, for all the homes shes' broken, for the lives shes' wrecked.

Some Jws or Jw appologists who are on here and post - go back and read their threads / posts - many are unkind, make no sense, lash out, lacking in love or reason - by their fruits you will know them.

They say they know love and yet they do not know how to show it to the least of men.

I do not care for people that are unkind, uncompassionate, pompous, pigheaded, self proclaimed righteous robots.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Exactly PSac, it is how it is done. You and I differ on beliefs on certain issues- trinity, soul, spirit, etc. Yet we have always gotten along well and have never gotten heated here. And, while you and I see things differently you have never ignored a direct question, and your answers are well thought out, not silly or irrelevant.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

isaac.

We are hear to discuss, develop, defend and learn from each other, in THAT spirit ther eis no reason to by mean, or ignore other posters.

Its not about agreeing, its about learning.

I can understand with many of the things I read on here, I man not agree, but I understand.

Good debating and discussing with you too my brother :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit