To Angel Eyes & Other WT Apologists

by snowbird 136 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

My thing is, if we (the ex JW community at large who post here) are aware that JW's who come here to defend and present themselves as apologists are welcome to post here, then we have to expect a certain amount of rhetoric that will offend.

AE, perhaps it is surprising, as Sylvia and others have eloquently pointed out, to see how the words inspired because one accepts JW dogma can cause such hurt.

For my part, I wish you would understand that AE. And understand that while the GB would like most JW's to believe that apostates are evil, we are the hurt ones. We aren't the ones prohibited from association, our friends and family, and other common sense expectations because we got baptized as a JW. (frequently well under the age of majority)

But also, please know that I respect your right to believe what you want AE. However, a JW being in the land of free speach and ideas is to say the least, a new experience, where ideas aren't accepted, but challenged. JW's are not used to this.

• caliber
    caliber
    Just that they are duty bound to promote and defend Jehovah's Witnesses

Isn't that the whole point ? ... Jw's are taught to take the offense by going door to door.....

it's the nature of the whole religion taking offensive action to preach.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    HUGS -Shel....nothing but HUGS

SO back at 'cha, dear YKnot!!

And so, all right folks, can we all kiss and make up... now??

Peace to you ALL!

A slave of Christ,

Shel

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

done at my end GG :)

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

shel :)

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    But be bigger people, let this one go. Remember, the war is not fought and won on a single battle. But again - for everyone - it is time to let this one rest.

Ditto!

• dinah
    dinah
    A slave of Christ

Smacks of giving up one God (WT) for another............I should probably just leave this place. The more I read, the more Atheist I become.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Right behind ya Dana!

• Spook
    Spook

I guess I am surrounded by those with more tolerance than me. I wish that at least one relative or friend of mine would have told me how crazy and full of rubbish my theology was.

Instead, all my relatives tried to be nice, not rock the boat, be respectful and tolerant. Very good people, in retrospect. I needed an uncle to tell me "Jeezus kid, snap out of it! You need to lighten up, play some ball and get a girlfriend!"

After I left and reconnected with my family, they all said how happy they were and how much they wanted to help. I was like "Why didn't you TELL me how nutty my family was!"

• finding my way
    finding my way

There are already 7 pages so what's one more post?

There are so many great and different points of view stated and I enjoyed reading them all. I'm one of the unfortunately "uneducated", raised in ex-dubs and I'm still learning so much! Soaking it all up. I had just recently posted something on another thread about how confused I was that AE is always making comments and the society has made it SO clear that witnesses should not be on "apotastate" sites and then I click on active threads and see this..

I was reminded by several posters of what it was like to be an apologist. I was most of my life in converstations with grandma, classmates, workmates etc. Even up to a year ago and I had been disfellowshipped for 3 years. Defended the Dfing process and took full responsibility for why I was Df'd. It was only later when I started to change my thinking and I'm not even sure exactly what got me to start rethinking everything. All I know is that our thoughts can change drastically in less than a year and so in that way I can be a bit more understanding of AE.

The point was made though that she should cool it and take a little more thought before she posts certain things on certain threads. I completely agree with that.

On the point of using scriptures.. I feel like I need to reiterate that I've just began this process less than a year ago and one can only make so many changes at once :0) There I am apologizing.. I appreciate many of the principals I've found in the bible and I've actually read plenty of scriptures that prove to me that the JW faith is false. Even in their own bible. So, I don't think there's anything wrong with quoting scripture. If nothing else, it's got some great principles. Just because most of us are ex-witnesses or fading doesn't mean we all have to stop believing in the bible or in God etc.. If I've learning anything recently, it's that I don't know much at all and we shouldn't judge anyones beliefs. As strange as they might seem, because you never know what you might believe by next year..

~fmy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit