To Angel Eyes & Other WT Apologists

by snowbird 136 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

It has come to my attention that a much-beloved poster on this forum has been hurt by the insensitivity shown toward her account of how badly she was treated by the WT.

I realize this is a place where are all welcome, and barring any posting guidelines violations, we are free to air our views without fear of any backlash.

However, please keep in mind that most posters here - yours truly being one of them - view the WT in a negative light. With all the evidence out there pertaining to its deceitfulness, how can anyone view it otherwise?

I reached out to you, Angel Eyes, because I sense that you need a friend. I've stated numerous times that all posters project an "aura," and yours cried out for love, understanding, and acceptance. When you've let your guard down, you've hinted at your dissatisfaction with some of WT's policies. Why not go the full monty and investigate further?

Whatever your decision, please refrain from making light of the experiences of others. This is a place for healing, commiseration, and sympathy. The majority of us have seen through the shiny facade of the WT, and don't want to hear what a wonderful organization it is, because, truth be known, the WT is anything but wonderful!

Thank you for reading.

Sylvia

• dinah
    dinah

Thank YOU Sylvia.

Defending the WT is like rubbing salt in wounds for some here.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Thanks for trying to provide balance Sylvia.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Cheers to the both of you, Dinah & BlueCanary.

Sylvia

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thanks for that Sylvia. Sometimes reading AE's posts is like nails across a chalkboard.

• dinah
    dinah

May I also say that those who constantly quote scripture and seem to have made us their "ministry" get on my last nerve?

• out4good3
    out4good3

I don't know......

I think we need and should welcome the discourse afforded this place particularly that in defense of the organization. Their comments reflect perfectly the insensitivity and overtly legalistic view of that of the society and demonstrated better than anything else how warped this organization is.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Mrs. Jones, my heart goes out to her, but she's got to realize her tactics come across as cruel.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Their comments reflect perfectly the insensitivity and overtly legalistic view of that of the society and demonstrated better than anything else how warped this organization is.

Yeah, but when their comments cause needless anguish, they should be called on it.

Dinah, I quote quite few Scriptures myself. I'll try to be mindful from this day forward.

Sylvia

• Girlie
    Girlie

Thanks for the post Sylvia. While I will respect a person's defense for their beliefs, I do sometimes find some of the apologists here do mock those who are suffering hurt and pain from this religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit