To Angel Eyes & Other WT Apologists

by snowbird 136 Replies latest jw friends

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    One reason I have become disappointed with the current JWN is that it seems that the Reniaas, and x's who enjoy verbal bullying, have taken over the forum. They've set an unpleasant spirit going here.

I agree and honestly, that's one of the reasons that I haven't posted in about a year or so. I realize people have been hurt by the WTBTS but they should direct that anger at the WT and not at other forum members. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone but I believe you should still show respect. Unfortunately, some on this board don't seem to share that sentiment. A mature person can disagree without mocking or name-calling. There is far too much of that on this board and I'm afraid it may be discouraging to some members & lurkers. I've noticed that some of the more moderate posters aren't around anymore and I wonder if they have simply gotten discouraged by the angry tone of the board.

I'm going to try and say this as kindly as possible so please don't take offense. I only have the best of intentions in saying this.

I feel like some here aren't getting the most out of their life right now and have spent far too long being angry and bitter. Yes, we were mistreated by the WT and some anger is justifiable, but a some point you should try and move on and create a new life for yourself. There is no reason why you should continue being a victim of the WTBTS! I see some on this board that log on everyday, insult people and spew bitterness & hatred. You may think that hurting others and mocking other beliefs makes you feel good but the truth is you are only hurting yourself. When you are full of hate, it colors everything you do - your job, your relationships and your whole outlook on life. When you are constantly negative, people don't want to be around you. I truly believe there are some on this board that could benefit from some professional counselling. In fact, I think everyone leaving the JWs should seek counselling. A good counsellor could help you to work through some of these issues and give you the tools to live a happier life. Please consider it. I would really like to see everyone on this board living a full and happy life.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I'm with the posters who say that mocking and insulting posts are unecessary and counterproductive. At the same time, I believe that it is appropriate to point out when you find someone's post offensive and tell them why. There's no reason this can't be done in a respectful way and it can be educational.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

"But your quite right I should have shut the door & left ...Sorry I didnt
    But just as your picture shows I give you the same response"

Awesome!!! I've always liked you, and I wouldn't just kiss your butt for anything, respect for someone means you say what you really think. I've been away a while but you probably remember that about me.

The reason I said it like that is because you love it here too much and too many people love you for you to walk away over a troll. If so you'd just do it. We're stuck here, love, you've got too much heart to walk away over something like that.

Take care and remember all the people you get stirred up when you threaten to walk away! ;0)

• greenie
    greenie

Ok, my last post on this topic. I haven't been here long, so from an outsider's view, I think the way to keep the people who bug you from highjacking threads is to ignore them. When AE posts some JWisms, I generally ignore them because I can assume her POV isn't going to teach anything new. When Outlaw (who cracks me up) responds, I skim over it because I generally know it'll involve cartoon poop. If you don't give the offensive attention, they lose their potency. Period. Done.

Now, also from an outsiders view, I would have to disagree with moderators taking over idea. It seems to me if they start to edit the board so, it's not much better than what the WTS does - controls information. At the very end of the day, you exJWs know you are in very good company because the vast majority of posters here are ex or non JWs. Don't let a couple of banshees ruin everything for you.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I have just finished reading the 7 pages.....and all I have to say is that I love Angel Eyes and Mouthy. Both seem like lovely, dear people. Sure they have different beliefs, but I love them the same. I take on board what each one says in their posts. I may not agree with everything, but out of respect and tolerance, I believe in giving everyone a fair go. I must have missed the thread where AE upset Mouthy, but I doubt it was done intentionally. I don't know. I haven't been here long enough to get to know everyone properly. But from what I know of AE and Mouthy, they are gems, with big hearts, and I'd hate to see either one leave or be censored ((hugs))

• AGuest
    AGuest
    A slave of Christ,
    Smacks of giving up one God (WT) for another............I should probably just leave this place. The more I read, the more Atheist I become.

Sigh! Please don't leave on my account, dear Dinah. Obviously, there is room for "all"... including atheists. Don't like my greeting/style/message? No worries - please feel totally free to skip anything that has my name/initials on it. As I say often, I truly won't be offended... and particularly in your case because, given your... ummm... "progress"... it most probably isn't for you anyway.

I do ask, however, that if you ARE going to leave, please do so because YOU are choosing to... please do it "discreetly"... and please don't use me as your excuse.

I bid you peace.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA, who's also done with this thread now...

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well, looks like it has all been said here, and then rehashed a couple dozen times. Movin' on.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit