To Angel Eyes & Other WT Apologists

by snowbird 136 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    May I also say that those who constantly quote scripture and seem to have made us their "ministry" get on my last nerve?

Ditto. If I learned anything from the JW cult, it was to beware of those who would stand over my shoulder and "guide" me when I'm researching anything.

W

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It has come to my attention that a much-beloved poster on this forum has been hurt by the insensitivity shown toward her account of how badly she was treated by the WT.

This aint the first time its happened, and its bound not to be the last.

• dinah
    dinah
    Dinah, I quote quite few Scriptures myself. I'll try to be mindful from this day forward.

I don't hate scriptures, I just hate them being hurled at me when someone is trying to prove a point. If you twist them around enough you can prove damn near ANYTHING with them.

You know, like how they get 5 mandated weekly meetings under the umbrella of "do not forsake the gathering of yourselves together"

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Sylvia, that was a good thing you did, posting that, and worded very well. I'm sure it helped your friend feel better. Hopefully it also hit home for the person that hurt them.

• dissed
    dissed

Snowbird

I think you should call ones out who become disrespectful and insensitive to others, and commend you for this.

I also feel AE is the perfect example of an unreasonable JW. Many who are lurking are watching to see how we treat and respond to her allegations.

We respond for them as well as AE, and as an example, what you just said.

AE thinks she is helping her cause, but just the opposite is happening. Solid responses to her twisted logic are helping many to see clearly how perhaps they were or are like AE, and need to change.

We need more AE's honestly on this Forum. They are really helping people to change, and in a good way.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

It has been noted, and I have posted the link to the mod only portion of the forum for attention.

Jeff

• mouthy
    mouthy

Sylvia. I owe you a very big apology.I was the one who P.m you
    And called you out for buttering up Angeleyes.
    Yes I am guilty of throwing out scripture,I am not staying on the board
    so I wont be doing that any more . But I must say,I have had the support
    group for those leaving the Wt since 1990. The tears I have shed listening
    to what the WT did to them, Every time Angeleyes defended the WT I shed
    more tears..

She rubbed salt in the wounds is true..I remember those on this very site
    who killed themselves( Anyone remember?) I think we do them an injustice
    by backing all AE thoughts. Yes Simon said ALL can express their thoughts.
    That is fair. But let us have a little thought to all those that are lurking
    Who have doubts. Are afraid..

So I beg all that I have offended for forgiveness ,Yes even AE.But I cannot sit
    here & say "YES AE IT IS A GODS ORG"

Sylvia your a real brick. FORGIVE ME PLEASE!!!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

(((Mouthy)))..

There is no excuse for Angel Eyes continued behaviour to you..

You were treated badly..

I have personally contacted Mods on this board..

I`m sure they will take measures to make this right..They always do..

There is no reason for you to leave..

You are well loved on JWD/JWN..

You would be missed by many..We only have one Granny Grace..

.....................OUTLAW

• dinah
    dinah

(((Granny)))

You can't leave, you are our Grandmother! And you, my love, can quote scripture at me any time because it's out of love and not just beating someone over the head.

I must have missed the thread in question. I tend to just ignore AE along with all the others who are die-hard Dubs. I just can't deal with them. They make me mad as hell.

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

((Mouthy))

An old rocking chair

Setting alone in an old rocking chair I saw an old mother with silvery hair She seemed so neglected by those who still care Rocking alone in an old rocking chair Her hands were all calloused wrinkled and old A life of hardwork was the story they told And I thought of angels as I saw here there Rocking alone in an old rocking chair Bless her old heart do you think she'd complain Life has been bitter tho' she'd live it again And carry the cress that is more than her share Rocking alone in an old rocking chair It wouldn't take much to gladden her heart Just some small remembverance on somebody's part A letter would bringten her empty life there Rocking alone in an old rocking chair I know some youngster's in an old orphan's home Who'd think they owned Heaven if she was their own They'd never be willing to let her sit there Rocking alone in an old rocking chair 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit