To Angel Eyes & Other WT Apologists

by snowbird 136 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I appreciate the sentiments presented here Sylvia and agree with them.

I for one understand (and expect) that a Christian theist, or a JW, will quote scripture. As long as it comes attached with some thoughts of their own, then I am fine with that, even though I don't agree with them.

In any case, Mouthy, don't leave. You have much experience in life, and you know at times that we can hurt other people with words. But the fact that one person may disagree with you doesn't change the love many have for you here.

It's all a matter of "not throwing your pearls before swine." Give us your pearls, if others don't appreciate you, thats their loss.

See, I can quote scriptures too....

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

nice post Sylvie and its good that Mouthy has stayed, and hopefully AE will learn in her search for the truth and in the way she responds to those on this board.

• dinah
    dinah

Jeff, you and I tend to paraphrase.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Goshawk... Send kleenex ....that is poem about how I feel.

Out law & Di I guess i am just upset today.Thanks

This board is the only REAL family I have now
    since my daughter & Grandchild are obedient JW's
    I hate leaving.But I find I am losing it..I am just not
    as Christian now as I wanted to be. I cant tolerate
    love of the Cults.

To all you who posted after I wrote my response

I had to go back & read it & add to my post THANK YOU ALL

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Mouthy,

I can't take credit for that, its an old Everly Brothers song.

But I do know that is how many of us here at the orphanage feel about you.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

Yikes! I am probably among those who "post a lot of scriptures." As I have said in many, many threads, I would much rather NOT even have to refer to the Bible; unfortunately, there are many of those who still put their faith in it (vs. in the One it directs us to and tells us to put our faith in) and so I am often called upon to "show" someone where it is "written." Too bad, but true.

I ask then, if you are reading one of my posts/threads, that you bear with me, as I cannot withhold what the Bible states, if someone asks... or indicates they still need that. Note, sometimes they don't outright ask... but the comments/responses indicate they won't accept it unless they see it in writing (and sometimes, even then, you know?)

So, if I get on your nerves... I would like to offer a blanket apology... now... and from here on. Because I will most probably keep including them, as long as they are "necessary." May the day come when the "deaf" will have their ears opened and just HEAR the Truth... rather than needing to SEE what he said in writing.

Dear SnowBird-y, my apologies for hijacking your thread!

Peace to you both!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

AGuest

For what this is worth, while I can hardly agree with most of your theology, I do respect where it comes from.

For that matter, JW's don't understand how their brand of bible banter is sick, esp if they try to peddle it to former JW's. Like we've never heard this before?

AGuest, I wish you peace in return.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Dinah, southerners tend to do that.... :)

• Twitch
    Twitch

I empathize with the sentiments here

Personally, it doesn't matter much to me what the apologists and true believers say anymore. To each their own. But a witch once told me that laughter is the best armor,....;)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Mouthy..

Look how many love you!

Is there any point in leaving a place,where your loved by so many?..

You`ve had a bad few days..Those will pass..

The Mods will take care of the problem..

You can`t let a Non Christian get you so upset..

That you leave your Cyber home..

Or..

Let someone like Angel Eyes chip away,at the good person you are..

Things will get back to normal soon enough..

.............................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit