To Angel Eyes & Other WT Apologists

by snowbird 136 Replies latest jw friends

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

ahh ... I see. And yeah I agree. It's good to be kinder as far as respecting. I feel though verity is wonderful and if I don't like someone I either try to understand... or avoid them. I personally don't take words on this board personally. Rather I take the good advice and apply it to my real life. I like going on this site because I have JW family. It's nice to see I'm not the only one with problems. lol

Hopefully misunderstandings are clear! :)

• Spook
    Spook

I've never seen a good argument presented that coddling one who holds an uncommon opinion with kid-glove criticism has any benefit. Legitimate, yet direct criticism is just fine - while irrational attacks proabably have a negative impact on discussion.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Sometimes I wonder if every now and then perspective is lost with regard to the effect words have here.

While I have to agree things said here affect people in real life, it's also up to BOTH parties in an exchange to keep it all in perspective. If someone allows something said here to offend them to the point they want to leave, they should. But they should just leave, not talk about leaving all the way out the door. I agree the apologists can get bitter, but usually that's when they are actually making progress. To bash an apologist for losing a grip on civility in the heat of fighting a losing battle in their mind seems a little bit backwards, the times when they are at their worst is usually when they are at the end of their rope, grasping for straws. Of course there are some that are just idiots but in that case I think everyone owes it to themselves to be the "big kid" on the playground and realize what it all means at the end of the day.

In the 6 years I've been keeping up, there have always been trolls, apologists, complainers, well wishers, researchers, flamers, some dude always asking damn questions every freakin day. It's just the way it is.

It won't ever change...but in the end, no one can make you feel anything with words without your CONSENT!

wlg

• mouthy
    mouthy

If someone allows something said here to offend them to the point they want to leave, they should. But they should just leave, not talk about leaving all the way out the door.

Wanderlust I intended to. But when Sylvia wrote the 1st post so kindly,I felt i should own up to being the complainer

But your quite right I should have shut the door & left ...Sorry I didnt
    But just as your picture shows I give you the same response

• snowbird
    snowbird
    But just as your picture shows I give you the same response

ROFL!

You rock, girl!!!

Sylvia

• yknot
    yknot

Why don't we all just step back a bit are remember we are human, ultimately not only part of an oniline family but also a global one.

We disagree, we hurt each other's feelings, we lash-out, we misunderstand, feel anger, feel betrayal, feel lose, feel suffering, we take time to reflect and a host of tons of other stuff but in the end we can recover.......if we recover in humility of forgiving and being forgiven things go much quicker and smoother.

A/E has been feeling a great deal of heat from two posters in particular who at times are trying to help her and others get caught up in a mocking moment. However she isn't like Reniaa, her layers are being revealed and she does need us to be a bit more respectful of her individual journey and process. As active witnesses we all learned how to draw a person into a conversation, study, KH, baptism and organization..... arguing and pit for pat responses work for some (mainly men) but not all (like women) because people reason differently. A/E needs a friendlier to community to engage, she knows how she feels, but is still learning more about the Org beyond her local KH, circuit and district.

I can't find the post nor thread in which this direction was mis-took, it sounds like a mistake, misunderstanding, mis-spoken moment, but every single one of usl make mistakes. I can't imagine the forum with our dear Granny Grace, time heals many things once a person has time to let the heat of the moment settle down. I would hope all involved are willing to step back and allow each other to calm down, reason, discern and reflect. Apologies offered are not always immediately accepted but after some peace and quieting of the heated moment they often are accepted and extended in return for the intensity of the situation.

I would hope that all of us would consider the golden rule here.... if you get over things quickly, than treat all involved as if nothing happened, if you are someone who simmers or weeps for a bit longer then remain silent on the matter until you have gotten over the heat and can be rational.

......HUGS TO EVERYONE..... and please let the recovery and healing process begin.

• snowbird
    snowbird

YKnot -

Sylvia

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

nicely put yknot.

hugs to all

• AGuest
    AGuest

(or maybe I can; we''ll see)

To those of the Household of God, Israel, those who PROFESS to be of that Household (but may not actually/yet be)... and all those who go with them, may you ALL have peace:

Here's the thing: it is not up to others to PROVE they are sons of our Heavenly Father; it is up to US... and only us. We have openly offered dear Grace our love and empathies for what she experienced. And rightly so! But what now? I would counter that NOW... in order to NOT be "as the hypocrites"... we should look to applying the "wisdom" of our Lord's words at Matthew 5:43-48:

"You heard that it was said, 'You must LOVE your neighbor... and HATE your enemy.' However, I say to YOU: Continue... to LOVE your ENEMIES... and to PRAY for those persecuting you; that YOU may PROVE yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens, since He makes His sun rise upon wicked people AND good... and makes it rain upon righteous people AND unrighteous. For if you love those loving YOUu... what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors (or, if you can envision it, those loyal to the WTBTS) DOING THE SAME THING? And if you greet your brothers ONLY, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations (or, if you can envision it, those loyal to the WTBTS) DOING THE SAME THING? YOU... MUST... accordingly... BE... PERFECT (in LOVE)... AS your Heavenly Father IS perfect (in love)."

You get this; I know you do. It is what WE are to put into action when WE perceive that WE... or someone we love/care for... have been "sinned against," or "persecuted." If WE "return evil for evil," however... in what way are WE any different from THEM? How are WE "better"? Are WE not doing the very same thing we're accusing the "offender" of doing?

Okay, so some will say, "But SHE was unkind, SHE was unloving, SHE was rude." And that may very well be the case. But is the admonition for HER... or for US? Are WE to be such because SHE was? Rather, aren't WE supposed to be the EXAMPLE... SHOWING the "world" what the love of God and Christ... REALLY look like? Dear Snowbird has done that, by asking all of us to forgive someone who sinned, not against her... but against another. She readily forgave... as did Grace (after a bit of love and help), the one who was offended. Should we not now ALL do the same?

Dear ones... YOU GUYS... I just don't GET this: we HATE the WTBTS for its lessons of judging and hatred, for its intolerance and condemnation of human imperfections. Yet, can we leave her and her hypocrisy and then turn around and to the VERY SAME THING? How are we any "better" than her, if we do?

No, WE need to show THEM... where and how they are wrong... NOT by doing the same things... but by doing JUST THE OPPOSITE. If "they" are rude, we are not to be rude in return. We... are to be KIND. If they are unloving, we are not be unloving in return. We... are to SHOW [them] LOVE. If they are judgmental, we are not be in kind. We... are to be LONG-SUFFERING and patient with them. If they are for "war"... we are not to fight with them. We... are to be for PEACE. IF they are mean... we are to show them KINDNESS. If they are antagonistic and/or pushy... WE are to mild.

I do not say this to bring you to shame, not at all. I am only trying to REMIND you of who... and WHAT... YOU say you are - sons of God. - and, therefore, how YOU should conduct yourselves. The WTBTS says of those who openly profess to be "anointed" to "ACT like it"... meaning, "keep your mouth shut [as to our leadership, teachings, and regulations]." However, by the spirit that is in me, holy spirit, I say to you, we ACT like it... when we reflect the LIGHT of Christ... AND "produce" the FRUIT of God's spirit that is SUPPOSED to be in us (because that's what "we're" claiming, isn't it?).

Please, please... forget ALL of the former ways, when we were taught to expose people's shortcomings, point the finger, accuse, judge, condemn, and hate. (Isaiah 58:9) That is THEIR "way." In contrast, OUR way... is to show mercy... to release... and to forgive. Whoever has "sinned against us"... however they have done so... and as many times as necessary. Because THAT... is WHY we are "ambassadors substituting for Christ"... AND what WE'RE hoping for for ourselves.

Dearest PSacramento, perhaps dear AE's "silence" is due to her own chagrin and embarrassment. I mean, what do we really NEED her to say? If she was to say anything to anyone, it was to dear Grace... and perhaps to Sylvia... and she did that. They have forgiven her... and so now, shouldn't we? Or should we stand firm in our own"righteousness," even at risk of running her off... and "losing" her, forever? I know you can hear the truth in what I am sharing, as well as see its benefit.

Again, I bid you ALL the greatest of love and peace!

YOUR servant, as I AM servant to the Household of God, Israel, and all those who go with... and a slave of Christ,

Shel

• yknot
    yknot

Shel

Quit the stirring pot

The whole thing is/has become ruinous to everyone on this board

Please let the matter die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit