So long and thanks for all the fish.

by reniaa 130 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wow, armageddon must REALLY be close now.

• undercover
    undercover

It's imminent, don't you know...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

UC,

Do you mean "imminent" or "internet"? Just wondering if that was a typo...

• Angharad
    Angharad

Just to clarify Spike did not request his account removed, his account was deactivated

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Though it was most likely warranted I will kinda miss Spike and I hope he gets the help he needs but I doubt that he will and that's the truely sad part.

OK, back to topic

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Read an apt quote this morning:

I remember what Dad said once, that some people have all life's answers worked out the day they're born and there's no use trying to teach them anything new. "They're closed for business even though, somewhat confusingly, their doors open at eleven, Monday through Friday," Dad said. And the trying to change what they think, the attempt to explain, the hope they'll come to see your side of things, it was exhausting, because it never made a dent and afterward you only ached unbearably.

Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nice quote BC

*whispers* trying to get on BC's good side since not responding to her posts is one of her irritants

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Wishing you the best Reniaa, good luck on your faith journey, wherever that may take you........faith is a very personal thing and is is most important for one to have a faith that works for you!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Goodbye and good luck!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I wasn't on here long enough to formulate an opinion on Spike or reniaa, but I did like debating and discussing WT doctrine with them, they at least had the "balls" to defend their beliefs on a public forum, which is far more than the vast majority of JW's do.

They will probably go over to the Topix JW forum, I think Reniaa was always there too.

It is a tad to rude and overly emotional for my taste...

Anyways, all the best to them and my God send his HS through his Son Jesus to open their eyes to the Grace and Love of the Lord.

On a side note, it would be nice to have more JW's defending their views, or did I say that already? ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit