Recently disfellowshipped prominent Assembly overseer in Western Europe now speaking out against the Watchtower org.

by the research lady 226 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Well said PP, I totally agree. Being DF'd for apostasy is, in the eyes of JW's, unforgivable. No one who commits adultery is likely to be told they are 'dangerous' to be around.

Maybe once a JW leaves the religion then they have more respect for these ones because of perhaps some remaining judgementalism towards those that commit moral sins, just ruminating here.........

• the research lady
    the research lady

Cognac, the pre-show starts at 6:30 p.m.EST. That's when people from all over the world start calling in. As we are getting our program ready to begin at 7 p.m.EST, all those calling in can talk with each other. It's a great way to meet new friends, or reunite with already existing friends. Our program the Six Screens of the Wathchtower conference call starts at 7 p.m.EST. The conference call will be recorded and you will be able to listen to it next week. Here is the link. http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/sixscreens-conferencecall.html

If you cannot participate via your telephone ,w e are again host ing this conference call on Paltalk . Y ou can download & use Paltalk basic for FREE. Go to http://www.paltalk.com/ Click "Download for Free" follow installation directions . NOTE: I recommend using a separate hotmail / gmail account for Paltalk registration, not your regular E-mail account, I have been getting reports of a volume Spam coming through Paltalk : Six ScreensOf The Watchtower It is found under "Religion and Spirituality" subsection "Christianity" .

• sir82
    sir82

Tens of thousands of people want out of this group,

I daresay a very conservative estimate.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

password:

Maybe this family member really thinks what he says and he's an example of 100 % successful indoctrination. Or maybe he doesn't and dishes you the official talk about apostasy out of a sense of duty but actually thinks much better of you than he will let you know.

When JWs imply that somehow the word of an "apostate" would be less credible had he been df'd for some other motive than apostasy, this means "apostasy" actually ranks high, not low, in their effective scale of values. Not that they will admit it, even to themselves.

• villabolo
    villabolo
    all the witlesses that go to them have to sign a paper (a no-confidentiality paper)!

DaCheech; I don't know what the laws are in your country but I think that non-confidentiality paper could make them lose their licence.

villabolo

• reniaa
    reniaa

If he has been Df'd for apostasy then this whole thread is explained.

My own life as a witness stopped me believing the pedophile angle of the andersons, I've known about 6 pedophiles in my life, only one was a witness and the his family went to police as the society says too he was imprisoned and df'd.

The other 5 weren't witnesses at all and of them only 2 went too prison because the other three had a lack of evidence or the girls in question decided not to go through with the trials. Pedophila is a world-wide problem and should be treated as such for the greater good of helping all victims.

Reniaa

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

password:

Maybe this family member really thinks what he says and he's an example of 100 % successful indoctrination. Or maybe he doesn't and dishes you the official talk about apostasy out of a sense of duty but actually thinks much better of you than he will let you know.

When JWs imply that somehow the word of an "apostate" would be less credible had he been df'd for some other motive than apostasy, this means "apostasy" actually ranks high, not low, in their effective scale of values. Not that they will admit it, even to themselves.

It's important to remember the unique definition of the word apostate that the WTS teaches. It includes opposing Jehovah. This, to a loyal JW, is unforgivable.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Fear is what keeps multitudes of members in. JWs do not have freedom of speech. If any Witness asks questions about the harmful policies of this group, they are disfellowshipped and shunned; Consequently, this breaks up families. Tens of thousands of people want out of this group, but can't get out because they don't want to lose their families. They do what they are told because of this fear of shunning. All across the world, JWs are being disfellowshipped for trying to get out of this religion.
    At the ICSA Geneva, Switzerland Conference I talked about the Secrets of Pedophilia in the Jehovah's Witnesses. There was another XJW, also a former Bethelite, who spoke. The title of his discourse was, The Impact of Religious Shunning: An Exploratory Analysis of the Jehovah's Witnesses' Shunning Policy. That talk was a real winner. In the near future, when I write my blog article for Freeminds, I'll discuss what he said about the "new class of members" within JWs.

Thank you for giving us a voice Barbara.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Reniaa, how are your kids? Remember when you posted this;

Hi I feel for you and understand, My first son was born severely disabled and is 10 years old he has multiple problems both physical and mental inc severe epilepsy, mental age that has leveled at 2 years old, I also have a 4 year old and a newborn baby and am a single mum, literatually my life is completely given over to my children.

Autism is a differcult decease to get diagnosed but once it is there is a lot of info out there about it, I will also say my niece had a learning delays and instead of talking created her own language that only she understood, very few understanble words about the same age as your son she got the help and within a couple of years she was talking normally now she 12 years old and perfectly ok, in fact is top in her school in maths and has been offered early exams, Sometimes for whatever reason kids are delayed on speech but this might just be a hiccup that just needs to be worked through. My sister used to have fun games trying to make speech fun, lots of rhyming and singing.to encourage her.

How do you find the time to post on here so prolifically? You're a testament to modern motherhood and should be applauded.

That being said, your JW judgements don't really wash.

• besty
    besty
    If he has been Df'd for apostasy then this whole thread is explained.

agreed - there isn't a cult in the world that likes ex-members. Some cults go so far as to believe that former members and their children will die untimely deaths. Can you believe that? Who would think such a thing could be possible? If you think the 'whole thread' can be explained by the fact Roberto is apostate then you meet one of the criteria of a cultist - employment of thought-stopping techniques.

My own life as a witness stopped me believing the pedophile angle of the andersons, I've known about 6 pedophiles in my life, only one was a witness and the his family went to police as the society says too he was imprisoned and df'd.

So let me get this right - your own anecdotal evidence based on a survey of erm...one person...is more valid in your mind than thousands of pages of court documents? Irrational thinking at its very best. Read it here, folks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit