Recently disfellowshipped prominent Assembly overseer in Western Europe now speaking out against the Watchtower org.

by the research lady 226 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

Wow! So many things seem to be happening!

• Earnest
    Earnest

While I think what this man ("Roberto") has to say should stand or fall on its own merit regardless of the reason why he was disfellowshipped, the attempt to shut Reniaa up by expecting her to publish personal details is quite pathetic. This is not one of the requirements for posting, and, on the contrary, Simon has strongly defended the right of all posters to privacy.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes Ernest. Your quite right. Since your a faithfull follower of the WT
    You will of course point out our "wicked" ways.

You know the old saying "Birds of a feather flock together"

You hang in their with faithfull Reniaa ,Spike, Ernie ,our reminders of the FAITHFUL SLAVES!!!!

• Earnest
    Earnest

I am right, mouthy, not because of any affiliation I might have but because in order for all to enjoy complete freeness of speech on this board it is essential for some to maintain anonymity. I am as much a faithful follower of the WT as Simon is and it is he that provides for and supports the principle of anonymity.

• besty
    besty

Of course everyone has the right to privacy and anonymity.

But it seems hypocritical demanding to know details about others. Yes/no?

IMHO those who are not anonymous - Randy, Barb Anderson, Lance G, Simon - deserve more respect as their money is firmly with their mouth.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    I've notice you do not mention what he was disfellowshipped for?

What does it matter?

A person can be disfellowshipped for anything - and can be kept out of the society for any reason. That makes the whole word nothing more than a control mechanism used to keep weak minded people in line.....JW's are trained to immediately ask 'for what'...because in their world turfing people is okay and allowing Elders to pass judgment on others is perfectly acceptable. A JW falls in line for fear of facing the same fate.

Who really cares though? It's simply a word and without fear of it's power, you are aware of your right to question the validity of the action and the motive behind the action. Elders are not God, the WTS is not God and neither speak for God - they are men and they control a club ....and men and clubs can at any time fall prey to corruption in thought and deed. sammieswife

• I quit!
    I quit!

To me it is fairly obvious. If you think you need to know why someone else is df'd you should be willing to let everyone know why they gave you the boot otherwise drop it.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

What if he was disfellowshipped for being immoral? Would that mean that we'd have to avoid hearing what he had to say?

Reniaa, if that's the yard stick, then you would have to understand if we applied this principle to you; you are, afterall, an admittedly immoral person. You just weren't DFd for it.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    IMHO those who are not anonymous - Randy, Barb Anderson, Lance G, Simon - deserve more respect as their money is firmly with their mouth.

Hear hear!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    A person can be disfellowshipped for anything - and can be kept out of the society for any reason. That makes the whole word nothing more than a control mechanism used to keep weak minded people in line

Exactly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit