Recently disfellowshipped prominent Assembly overseer in Western Europe now speaking out against the Watchtower org.

by the research lady 226 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

of the 7 million witlesses, probably 1/2 are apostates!

reniaa, call them and make them aware

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

yes DaCheech...JWs have tried to define the term in onlyapplying to those who leave their org...as though it is something unque...whereas it is simply a general word to describe those who leave a set of beleifs..such a a politician who mayabandon a view..

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi Renaiaa. I doubt that you will ever answer this, but why do you defend the Jehovah's Witness organization when they won't accept you as a member in good standing? You spend all your time on this forum and leave no time for meeting attendance, personal study, and field service. You can never become a Jehovah's Witness in good standing unless you do.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Hi Athanasius

You asked a 'poisoned well' questioned completely qualified by your own viewpoint of witnesses and judging me by a set of rules you do not follow yourself. It's not a nasty question but invites me to answer by the goalposts you have drawn which I don't agree with.

Reniaa

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

judging me by a set of rules you do not follow yourself.

Wow! The hypocrisy leaves me speechless.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi buzzybee

hypocrisy? 9 times out of ten I am in a defensive position on these forums either bibically or for witnesses or personally when I get accused of being allsorts ad hominen-wise to throw discredit on my viewpoints

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Errrr....I was referring to judging others by a set of rules one does not themselves follow.......if indeed that does not describe you, then please accept my apology......and please clarify? My understanding is that you do not practice the JW religion - ?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

She is a disciple, a learner of higher standards than what she can live by so far. How is that different from what we all should be? Should we not all have goals? Should we not all try to improve? Should we not all try to (likewise) bring out the best in others, and help ouselves and others get rid of confusion (as she does)? I find this very commendable

• reniaa
    reniaa

This debate forum doesn't ask qualifications only debate thats why I only say I am pro-Jw, Beyond that only my viewpoints are needed on a debate forum.

Witnesses, Jesus and Jehovah have a right to question me more and I would answer all thoroughly but on here personal privacy is the norm, do I ask for your personal life details? the old chestnut of 'you shouldn't be on here so your viewpoint doesn't count' is just a poor debators resort to a good point you have made that they cannot tackle honestly through debate.

Reniaa

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Spike: Attempting to live by certain philosophical principles is one thing. Preaching for other's adherence to the dogmas of a cult while admittedly not attempting to live them oneself is a fundamentally very, very different proposition and in fact fits the very definition of 'hypocrisy'. Further, the goals of the WTS are neither admirable nor commendable.

Ren: Your opinion counts and I'm glad you are here. You provide an invaluable service. However, beware the double standard when it comes to claims about judging. I do judge - as do you. Fair enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit