Recently disfellowshipped prominent Assembly overseer in Western Europe now speaking out against the Watchtower org.

by the research lady 226 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

To be the Devils advocate for a moment.

As an elder I disfellowshipped people who would have been considered sleazeballs by any normal person. A couple of them went to jail and it wasn't because they disagreed with Bible Chronology. That doesn't mean that they could not have come to the conclusion later, through getting info. here for example, that the WTS is nothing more than a controlling cult. Most were DF'd for fleshly sins like fornication and adultery and failed to show real repentance. I personally never sat on a JC case of a so called apostate. The JC I did attend that involved an obvious apostate was mine and I was on the other side of the table

However, reniaa is obviously trying to neutralize a source of more negative WT 'light' before she even knows what he has to say. I suppose from her point of view the best news would be that this French witness was DF'd for child rape or some other heinous conduct. I don't know but I doubt it was for anything but apostasy. As Besty pointed out, the timing is a dead giveaway.

So, I guess my point is, that since we are all imperfect sinners, we should simply weigh what he has to say and then do the most difficult thing of all - be honest with yourself. If you realize you have positioned yourself on the side of an issue you now see as wrong, then your response will be a good indication of your character.

• besty
    besty

well said Gregor

Disclosure - the only apostasy JC I was in on included me on the right side of the table :-)

• reniaa
    reniaa

Actually I was more thinking if he was df'd for apostasy then It would explain why he wants to go high profile with the andersons.

He is going in opposition PUBLICALLY not just on debate forums, like the andersons went high profile and is being secretive about why he was df'd this smacks of sour grapes towards the Jehovah's witnesses.

If it is for immorality which I think the major proportion of df-ings are for, well again that would explain some of it, since it would explain his hostility as well, especially if he has decided to get angry rather than take a rebuke on morality.

Reniaa

• the research lady
    the research lady

I didn't realize that Roberto's disfellowshipping would cause so much attention. Roberto is very outgoing and speaks fluent English. However, he said that he will tell us why he was disfellowshipped only in French! Only kidding. I don't think Roberto will have any problem letting us know why he was disfellowshipped. To some, disfellowshipping is disgraceful. To others, it is the best thing that ever happened!

• boyzone
    boyzone

Can someone in on the call let us brits know what was said please. Will it be podcasted and translated if the bro is speaking French?

• Gregor
    Gregor

reniaa, You make my point. Based on your last post he has no credibility no matter what he was DF'd for. So why do you ask the reason? You are the one who has lost credibility.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

"Actually I was more thinking if he was df'd for apostasy then It would explain why he wants to go high profile with the andersons.

He is going in opposition PUBLICALLY not just on debate forums, like the andersons went high profile and is being secretive about why he was df'd this smacks of sour grapes towards the Jehovah's witnesses.

If it is for immorality which I think the major proportion of df-ings are for, well again that would explain some of it, since it would explain his hostility as well, especially if he has decided to get angry rather than take a rebuke on morality."

Quite what that has to do with anything he may have to say about his experiences in puzzling. Let the listener use discernment.

Out of interest, Reniaa, how honest with us have you been about yourself? You say you've got a small baby and two other children and that you're raising them on your own. Were you judicially reproved for your actions?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Really Reniaa, it wouldn't matter what category you placed his disfellowshipping - you could most likely spin it into some sort of smack down against the WTS by him funnelled by 'sour grapes'.

The majority of disfellowshipping's are for immorality - and that list includes kissing, holding hands and maybe even being seen going into an R-rated movie without a chaperone..that old circumstantial immortality/fornication label. Not saying it happens but disfellowshipping is a 'choice' action by Elders. Next in line we have drug addiction, alcholism and cigarette smoking..all disfellowshipping offences, even though they are all addictions that should entail support and not expulsion..and last we have apostasy which includes something as simple as getting caught with a Christmas wreath on your door or an Easter basket in your hand. Any time a person is disfellowshipped, one must assume that there could be sour grapes..alas...we must shatter that old JW myth. That one goes hand in hand with the myth that suddenly one finds themselves adrift without God in their heart.

It doesn't matter what the disfellowshipping was for, the reality is that the man has a wealth of information that is relevant to today - his 'sin' can be no greater than the lies the WTS had spread and the lives it has damaged and destroyed all in the name of religion.

If you perhaps wish to question his validity as a source of information or perhaps wish to voice your own opinion on all JW related matters, you have the same freedoms to do so as Roberto...and at no cost to your privacy. Perhaps you could shed some light on things we don't understand - sammieswife.

• mouthy
    mouthy

If it is for immorality which I think the major proportion of df-ings are for

What a nerve you have to assume the above...I tell the truth Reniaa
    I was d/f cos I didnt see Jesus come invisably in 1914 ,NOR DID YOU girl
    You are succeding in your motive for posting on here...Upsetting ME!!!
    What ever you are, boy ,girl, woman,man,surely you can find better things
    to do with your life than hurt folks like me. Who the WT stole away my daughter
    my grand-daughter .Maybe YOU were d/f for immorality BUT I was NOT!!!!!

• villabolo
    villabolo

Reniaa, Ray Franz was disfellowshipped for having dinner with his landlord yet you criticized him and the fact he wrote a book.

villabolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit