Recently disfellowshipped prominent Assembly overseer in Western Europe now speaking out against the Watchtower org.

by the research lady 226 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I'm guessing he's been out for a long time but since he is now speaking out publicly he got d'ffed...

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

It seems Roberto became the target of a witch hunt...I'm listening in now.

edited to add I will not add anything further about this until the communication is released on podcast.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Duplicate post

• metatron
    metatron

If Roberto was df'd for apostasy, it's wonderful. It means he stood up for his beliefs and was willing to suffer for them.

As to practical effect, his defection from Watchtower tyranny is potentially valuable. Anyone remember the City Overseer who got df'd ( not for immorality) in the Tacoma area who brought devastation on them by exposing their illegal parking scheme. Cost them big-time.

He can offer testimony in court cases and other governmental settings, as when the Governing Frauds seek freedoms for the organization while denying it to others. And I offer his baptism at 12 as further evidence that such things are wrong.

metatron

• cognac
    cognac

who brought devastation on them by exposing their illegal parking scheme. Cost them big-time.

I didn't hear about that. Any links?

• Farkel
    Farkel

:I didn't hear about that. Any links?

Often, when the Watchtower signs an agreement with a Stadium, the agreement specifically states they are not to charge for parking, but they do anyway. They do it secretly by selling parking tickets at the Kingdom Hall, and they know they are breaking the terms of their contract. I first heard this scandal when it was exposed in Oregon or Washington State about 8 to 10 years ago.

That's the only "illegal parking scheme" I know about, but knowing the Watchtower Corporation, they probably have others.

Farkel

• metatron
    metatron

My point is that the Watchtower's unscriptural obsession with apostacy amoung the formerly prominent, can cost them dearly - and so be it!

If you do hold a high position, they may witch hunt you into being df'd in their obsession to punish. The Parking Scandal came about directly because they just couldn't leave one poor man alone. He (justly) retaliated by exposing what he knew about contracts to authorities and the Society had to drop their money making arrangement suddenly.

metatron

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

do they still charge for parking?

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I've notice you do not mention what he was disfellowshipped for?

Otherwise know as a shoot-the-messenger fallacy (argumentum ad-hominem). Here is a hypothetical example: IMr. Johnson says the Jehovah's Witness religion exhibits an unhealthy amount of control over the minds and lives of its adherents. Mr. Johnson did wrong by cheating on his wife; therefore, his opinion regarding JWs should be dismissed. WRONG! His actions regarding his wife do not relate to his expertise regarding JWs

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Regarding the Tacoma Reporter newspaper...I don't believe it is in business anymore. Here is the article though:

http://www.watchtowernews.org/tacomapark.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit