Just my 2 Cents.......Go ahead and FLAME AWAY.....I won't reply

by scrapmama777 161 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome Scrapmama, it is nice to have someone here with a different point of view.

You said something very important.

" ..... I had to finally come to the realization that I am there to serve Jehovah, and no one else. ... "

That is what most people do. They simply want to worship the creator. And they do so in the way they were raised to according to their culture. Just as you envisage the Creator to be Jehovah as explained by your parents and the Watchtower, other people recognise God in the manner in which they were raised from birth to believe.

What makes the Watchtower damaging is that it labels anyone that is not a JW as being ungodly, evil, on the side of the devil. That simply is not true.

Regardless of your religious views, I hope your stay here helps you to become more accepting of alternate viewpoints. That is why I am here and why I created the site jwfacts.com. I think the internet has the potential to make the world a better place, by helping make people aware of the similarities of each other rather than the differences. Religion has the potential to create an atitude of bigotry in its adherents and the more people see the similarity of intention of each person, the less they can dogmatically claim they alone know truth.

• shamus100
    shamus100

You're pretty boring. That was one of the worst attempts at being a flame warrior yet.

• reniaa
    reniaa

I rest my case! the goal of many on here is to stop people becoming or being witnesses. some will state it outright others will just say "we don't need to be in a religion that controls" etc, why should we be told what to do etc.Yet God tells us what to do or is God wrong for expecting things of us? Remember Jehovah's witnesses come together as a group to witness about Jehovah, being together in shared belief in Jehovah keeps us following him.

Hebrews 10:25 (New International Version)

25 Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Matthew 18:20
    For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

Who on here still follow and believe in Jehovah despite no longer being a witness?

I have checked other religons that do not support the false trinity but they still do not use a personal name for Jehovah, You can check for yourself but in many things Jw are unique and all the apostate words on here cannot change how in line with bible truths their doctrines are, they may need more refinement but God shows this is an ongoing thing until Jesus returns but definitely God expects us to come together as a church/congregation and has even as I showed earlier given our leaders instructions on how to rule by bible principle.

Matthew 16:18
    And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Matthew 18:17
    If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

Reniaa

• shamus100
    shamus100

Not at all Reinna.

I think you should be a Jehovahs Witness for the rest of your life - and I have never told you once not to be.

You are an idiot.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

When I used to date this guy (before I met my hubby) he would only call me to make dates for Thursday night. I occassionly would get a weekend date. I eventually realized that I was his Thursday night girl.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Am I an idiot for being a witness shamus?

You wouldn't stop me but call me an idiot for being one?

Or am I just an idiot for supporting witnesses?

Reniaa

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think he thinks you're an idiot whether or not you're a jw as you say or just a jw wannabee as some for good reason believe...but I could be wrong.

• reniaa
    reniaa

what have I done to make him call me an idiot accept support the Jws? which is my sole agenda on these forums the facts that as the only one defending Jws so far on this thread except the initila poster who is still being 'lovebombed' I am the only one called an idiot does not support any other conclusion other than my pro-witness comments are not to his liking.

Reniaa

• poppers
    poppers

scrapmamma - glad to see you are still here.

You said, "I just want people to see me for WHO I am, not for WHAT I believe in"

You are right, of course. The thing is, so many who leave the witnesses have that same feeling but they are shunned by family, friends, and other "good" witnesses who follow the party line. They equate what they believe with who they are, and that is a mistake, especially when they are taught that differing beliefs are equal to being of satan, which is totally bogus. It shouldn't matter what one believes in, each is entitled to their own beliefs. Yet, it is policy to punish those who no longer believe the teachings of the WT. This is what riles so many people, that they are demonized just because they no longer believe.

You said, "I can tell you one thing, and that is I am NOT the norm, I am the exception."

It would seem you indeed are the exception. Have you ever wondered why that is? The norm is because of the fear instilled in members if they stray by holding differing views. It seems you are one of the fortunate few who have a support system in place of other like minded witnesses, but most don't have that luxury, and so when they are cast out they are left hanging in the wind. If more people held their own integrity above the dictates of WT dogma there probably would be fewer people leaving.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Let me make this clear:

No Jehovahs Witness would ever post here. They don't want you, and you don't want them. You are one of the worst Jehovahs Witnesses ever, period. You are apostate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit