Just my 2 Cents.......Go ahead and FLAME AWAY.....I won't reply

by scrapmama777 161 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

But please let ME know ....Do you believe Jesus came invisably in 1914?????
    My 3rd time asking...Just interested....

• minimus
    minimus

Mama, I don't think it's improper to make judgments if they are fair. For example, hating Jews is terribly wrong. If I railed against Jew haters for their spewing, I wouldn't be considered (by most) to be judgmental. If we see that much of the Witness religion is flawed, we are not being judgmental explaining our understanding of the facts.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Hi! As you are seeing, most people hate the Watchtower, not those in it. You are welcome to post here anytime.

Sorry that the Elderette of the board told you to her @%&. Most of us are not that way, we try to be friendly to everyone. There are some though that feel the need to question every little thing about another, especially if they are new. They let a couple of small bad past experiences cloud their viewpoint of everyone. If some people would just read the entire thread instead of skimming a couple of posts, they would see that things are often different than what they seem. You yourself even realized this after your first post, and now understand that most of us post here just to try to make sense of the hurt that the Watchtower has caused us.

Welcome!!!

• yknot
    yknot

Grace

1914 is one of the last things that tethers a JW to the WTS mentally, so I think she probably still believes in it's validity.

Of course as we all know it is pretty easy to dispel by reading Rutherford's own books starting with the first edition of "The Finished Mystery".

After that it seems as reasonable as pyramidology!

That is the beauty of this site we all get to share where we are in our journey!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes I know Ynot!! But my friend (NOT ever a JW )has spoken to so many JW....
    Who DONT believe it.And say I am a liar ,I would never be D/F for that.

I just want to know what scrappy thinks !! I am allowed to ask am I not??

• yknot
    yknot

Absolutely!!!! I think it is a worthy conversation!

I am glad you have asked !

I was just trying to make way for the uneasiness she might feel toward the subject.

I too have met JWs who don't believe in 1914 but they are usually ignorant of a host of other WTS beliefs.

What I have found is that those who feel the need to 'defend' or 'blast' us are the mostlikely to still hold firm to 1914.

I too am interested in her response but she probably needs time to really think about what she believes versus the automatic responses we are all trained to throw out when 1914 is questioned.

HUGS!

• yknot
    yknot

Double post....

Happy Dance for all the newbies joining!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hey Scrapmama, pay no attention to Watson. He's suspicious. I think it comes from hanging out with Sherlock.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Thanks for answering my PM. You sound so nice, but yeah, the bitterness of some here can make it sound like we'd all like to go string up a bunch of JWs.

Not the case here. I really think most Witnesses are sincere. I have no idea what the leadership thinks and I don't even speculate about it much anymore. That's their bag to drag.

I still have a very active faith in God, and I think some others do too. Just not with WTS seasoning on it!

We all have different reasons for being here. My husband is "faded" too, as we call being terminally inactive. He got tired of being judged every time he wanted to watch a ball game or go fishing instead of going Witnessing on the weekends after a hard weeks work. And, we lived in a place that was 80% LDS for the last 20 years. Not one Mormon ever wanted to become a Witness. EVER. However, three JW women in our congregation married Mormon men and two converted.

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

WOW!!! You all are to be congratulated. I have never seen such well written and thought provoking threads in one place on JWD. If ever there was any doubt that we are a kind intelligent respectful group this Thread should immediate take care of that doubt. This Tread is indeed a KEEPER! If only I could show this to my in-deep JW wife, but alas, even though I know she loves me, she would "turn me in" if she knew I looked/posted here - such is the mind control of the JW world.

I can only speak for myself, but after a lifetime in "the Truth" and having myself witnessed firsthand how sexual abuse can be allowed and is permitted by Elders within the organization and, with the victims made to feel like the party at fault, many here have the right to feel bitter and angry.

This site has been such a help to me over the years. Thanks to all of you who post!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit