Just my 2 Cents.......Go ahead and FLAME AWAY.....I won't reply

by scrapmama777 161 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

Keyser - She already apologized for that...

• yknot
    yknot

I sure wish you would stay and keep posting!

We are quite a diverse group of individuals and their is plenty of room for a fresh point of view!

You might find you have more in common with us then you realize......

At worse you will get to read about incoming changes, bethel news and other things related to the WTS that you will make a conversation star in your FS group!

Again Welcome and I am looking forward to the day you decide to comment regularly!

Yknot

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Sorry scrapmama, I posted before I read your second post. It was certainly a fairer depiction of the people on this forum. I look forward to hearing more from you, should you choose to stick around.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((scrapmama))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

This is a good place for you to be enlightened and begin to heal believe it or not.

• sir82
    sir82
    I do my research.

Excellent! Welcome to the forum.

Here are a few topics to do some research on - perhaps on your next "Family Study Night"!

-- What is the Biblical basis for determining that someone who accepts a transfusion of the blood fraction known as "red blood cells" is always deserving of disfellowshipping (and hence eternal destruction if he dies), while someone else who accepts a transfusion of the blood fraction known as "hemoglobin" is never disfellowshipped? Bonus topic: What is the difference between "hemoglobin" and a "red blood cell"?

-- Why would the acceptance of the blood fraction known as "whole plasma" result in disfellowshipping 100% of the time, while acceptance of of any fraction of plasma, even all the fractions of it, will never result in disfellowshipping? What is the Biblical basis for this?

-- In the 1950's, blood transfusions were discouraged, but not a disfellowshipping offense (rather like smoking at the time). In the 1960's and 1970's, acceptance of even the tiniest fraction of blood would result in immediate expulsion. In the 1980's and 1990's, some fractions were allowed, others were disallowed (would result in disfellowshipping). By 2000, any and all "minor fractions" were allowed. Topics for research: (1) Use the WT-CD to verify the above. (2) Does Jehovah really change his mind that frequently? How does Jehovah communicate his thoughts to the "faithful and discreet slave"? Is the idea of "the light getting brighter" consistent with 180 degree turns and re-turns in policy?

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Welcome Scrappy,

And thanks for your opinion. Keep reading about our lives as Jehovah's Witnesses and you might have a better feeling for everyone.

As a famous person once said........."The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off."

HappyDad (ex elder)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I am aware that I could be counseled by coming onto this forum.

I disagree with the notion that you should be counseled. You have a right to believe as you like. You also have the right to examine your beliefs using all information available to you. No reasonable person would counsel you for this. Real truth should be able to withstand a close examination.

No one has the right to police your thoughts or beliefs.

W

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Welcome, I understand why you might feel like this is a hate site, but many of us are witnesses, and we do not take issue with individuals, but with the teachings and practices of the Organization. Some of us have been badly hurt by the Organization, we have had loved ones die, or have seen our families destroyed, or have suffered from abuse and molestation, so there is sometimes some bitterness here.

BTS

• StAnn
    StAnn

Interesting that you came on here to object to the JWs being criticized and yet you immediately decided to criticize Catholics and Mormons and make broad, unilateral generalizations.

I'm Catholic and I DON'T contracept. Neither do my Catholic friends.

Aren't you the Pot calling the Kettle Black?

Also, you said you were researching a statement that the JWs think the end is near? Haven't you heard that all of your life? That the end is right around the corner? That the Big A is coming any day? Haven't you ever heard Judge Rutherford, past president of the WTS, say, "Millions now living will never die?" (BTW, it's been so long since that failed prediction that the Millions Then Living Are Now Dead.) Do you remember that Fred Franz, past president of the WTS, predicted that the End of the World was coming in 1975? I was there and I remember.

St. Ann

• StAnn
    StAnn

Scrapmama, you have a pm.

St. Ann

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit