Just my 2 Cents.......Go ahead and FLAME AWAY.....I won't reply

by scrapmama777 161 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

...and I thought "love bombings" took place only at the Kingdom Hall...LOL.

• The Missus
    The Missus

Welcome to the forum Scrapmama! Hope you decide to stick around or at least pop back in every now and then

• scrapmama777
    scrapmama777

WOW you guys ARE rather irresistible.... : )

thank you for the kind words and understanding as to why I might have felt the way i did......

I do see why some feel the way you do, and that is understandable......

I do try to keep an open mind as I have been taught my whole life to judge those who do not believe the same as me......

You all have shown me today how to be more compassionate and not be too hasty in my opinion of why you feel the way you do..........

I just want people to see me for WHO I am, not for WHAT I believe in and it touched a cord with me when I read some of the comments about Witnesses in general. I can tell you one thing, and that is I am NOT the norm, I am the exception.

I have had my feelings hurt in the past that kept me from meetings for 3-4 years. We would go to conventions and memorial and the occasional meeting, but for the most part I did not want to be a part of such a judgemental group. After a while my hubby and I decided to go back and make a fresh start. Put away the hard feelings and move on. I had to finally come to the realization that I am there to serve Jehovah, and no one else. I am sure that there are those who look down on me and my family for not being at every meeting or not getting my 10 hours of FS in, but their opinions of me don't matter. In the end, whenever that might be, it only matters what Jehovah thinks about me.

Since then we have had a few families move into the congregation that we have built lifelong friendships with. They too had been in a situation in their previous congregation that they had to get away from which led them to our hall. SOOOO, we all stick close together and accept each other as we are. Nothing more, nothing less.

Maybe I will lurk a little.....maybe even comment.....but will do so with an open mind.....

• watson
    watson

Got some fishy stuff goin' here folks. I will enjoy watching how it all pans out. Great entertainment.

• Scott77
    Scott77

scrapmama777,

When one of your child is disfellowshiped, you will learn a lesson. When one of your kid is either molested by a trusted JW, your 'eyes' will open up. When one of your family faces blood transfusion issue, you will know it from experiences. And there are so many lists here that if you faced them really, you would come to your spiritual senses. The humble and shrewed people here are speaking from personal experiences. Our anger are justified and real. Please, do me a favor. Talk to an elder in your congregation that you visited this site recently or include our reactions in one of your assigned talk. Then come back here to say that you have done that.

Scott77

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

apostate troll!!

welcome ;)

• scrapmama777
    scrapmama777

Fishy stuff going on? HUH Interesting......

Have you not ever seen someone humbly admit they were wrong before Watson? That is what has panned out!

I never said I was perfect, just put off by some of the comments that I had seen on the forum. Once I looked back through the replies and saw how judgemental I was being of you all in general, I humbly apologized for my comments.

Glad to have entertained you today!!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Pretty interesting the way this thread has turned imo.

This board has such a wide range of diverse people on it that you simply could never really sum it up into one stereotype. Sure there are loudmouths, and they are more that welcome to hang around There are those intersted in talking about modern biblical scholarship, others in the history of the Watchtower. Most disagree with the basic premise that the Watchtower is the truth, that sure is the basic premise. But so what? We're not the ones making the claim that we have all of human history figured out. Amazing how a religion like JWs can get people to believe that there is substance to the arguemnt that nobody should debate whether their claims are true or not.

Glad you've lightened up a bit scrapmama777, look forward to seeing where it goes.

• lavendar
    lavendar

Hi scrapmama777!

You sound like a very nice lady. I have enjoyed reading everything you've written so far. I hope you stay with us for as long as you can.

All the best to you,

Lavendar

• yknot
    yknot

ScrapMama777

I think many of us just wanted to serve Jehovah.....

The biggest thing for most of us is realizing how much the Corporation regularly chooses to serve themselves over Jehovah.

It is a great example of having to serve two masters.

I wish there was one true religion (ie denomination) but there isn't, there is only your relationship with Jesus (Jehovah's only approved and appointed representative and mediator).

Again I am so thrilled you have decided to stay and contribute to our little gang!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit