Just my 2 Cents.......Go ahead and FLAME AWAY.....I won't reply

by scrapmama777 161 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks to all of you who post!!!! And thanks to you for posting
    Lets pray that one day your wife will see the light. But Yes she will turn you in

If she knew you were reading. And this is in a FREE COUNTRY!!!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Have you not ever seen someone humbly admit they were wrong before Watson?

It doesn't normally happen on this forum.

• scrapmama777
    scrapmama777

Well, you have never met me!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I would say a welcome is in order then. Welcome to the forum, enjoy the threads.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I'm so happy that you have decided to post more and stick around! You'll be glad you did! This site is addictive and you will find great friends here! We look forward to learning more about you & your family!

• reniaa
    reniaa

Hi scrapmama

Be careful your inital thoughts were correct the anti-witness agenda on here is heavy but also they are anti-leadership and the right of leaders to govern and keep the congregation clean.

1 Corinthians 5:12
    What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?

I will not tell you to be on this forum or not but remember your inital thoughts on seeing all these ex-Jws slamming the Jehovah's witnesses, or governing body or pretending the watchtower is more than just a magazine, to sidetrack you away from leaderships right to rule as both Jesus and God directed until Jesus returns and takes his choosen to be leaders in heaven having served here time down here.

A lot of info on here is false or things made to look like wrongdoings but actually aren't.

they will say governing body shouldn't be telling us what to do they are just men like us and not Jesus but then look at what the bible says.

Acts 1:20-26 (New International Version)

20 "For," said Peter, "it is written in the book of Psalms,
    " 'May his place be deserted;
    let there be no one to dwell in it,' [ a ] and,
    " 'May another take his place of leadership.' [ b ] 21 Therefore it is necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, 22 beginning from John's baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection."

23 So they proposed two men: Joseph called Barsabbas (also known as Justus) and Matthias. 24 Then they prayed, "Lord, you know everyone's heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen 25 to take over this apostolic ministry, which Judas left to go where he belongs." 26 Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias; so he was added to the eleven apostles.

clearly until Jesus comes we need leaders among men but how should we view them?

Hebrews 13:17
    Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you.

You will already know these scriptures but I only show you them as one of the biggest things I see attacked on here. You are right we all stand before Jehovah and his son Jesus who must judge us personally but we will also be measured by how much we help one another. So we shouldn't encourage people away from the flock. They will not attack you on here unless you defend the religion or it's doctrines.

I will ask a two part question and hopefully some ex-Jws on here will answer it honestly and then you will see what I mean.

Do you think Jehovah's witnesses as a religion should end and do you think People are better of not being witnesses?

The answer to this scrapmama is why you should be careful!

Takecare

Reniaa

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

*sniff*

Something smells funny.

*Ahem*

Anyone care to compare some IP addresses on this thread? The unique little picture things that looked like crop circles are no longer around.

BTS

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

BTS,

I didn't think there was a way to compare ip addresses anymore.

• mouthy
    mouthy

you think Jehovah's witnesses as a religion should end anPeople are better of not being d do you think witnesses?

YES I DO>!!!!!! They break up families,
    encourage people to kill themselves,
    Many went blind because they were not
    allowed cornea transplants
    Thousands died becaause they were
    not allowed to take blood
    Thousands & thousands of families have been
    broken up on orders from Brooklyn.
    Children are unhappy,because they
    are mocked at school---because the kids are taught
    to praech the end of the world is coming

Is that enough reason Reniaa?????????

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

scrapmama......Your initial reaction is completely understandable, considering the rhetoric flowing from the podium and magazines concerning questioning and ex-JWs, and considering how dissent and criticism of the organization is construed as motivated by hatred and deceit (see the 15 February 2004 Watchtower, p. 16, among many articles on the subject). I find it encouraging that you now recognize that this is not necessarily the case and that the reasons for critical discourse are much more diverse and complex than the simplistic, negative portrayal given by the organization. We all have had different life experiences. Some have never experienced anything amiss as JWs and love the organization they serve, others have suffered abuse or troubles on account of Watchtower policies, others have loved ones who are experiencing troubles in the organization. In my case, I am particularly critical of the organization's policies regarding children and minors raised as JWs. The pressure to baptize early, the pressure against higher education and extracurricular activities, the assumption that the child is supposed to believe what his/her parents believe (in fact, children are usually denied the liberty of freely determining what religion they want to have when they come of age, and if they decide on another faith they are portrayed in tragic terms as "leaving Jehovah"), the lack of understanding of kids' issues (and how their policies, such as the treatment of disfellowshipped youth, contribute to these problems), etc. are topics I am interested in on account of my own unhappy experience growing up as a JW. If there is a lack of "balance" in discussing positive points of JWs, this is largely due to the fact that people are motivated more to talk about their problems and issues than the things they are happy with; many come here to vent and seek comfort in dealing with frustrations over life as a JW, or with leaving the JWs, or with dealing with the JWs in their lives. And finally there are those who visit here on their way out of the organization and then move on with their lives. Lots of different views and perspectives, and there is certainly room for yours. Like many others, I have family who are JWs that I love very much, and by no means is my criticism of the organization intended to be "hatred" of others on account of their religion. There are some here who enjoy flame-wars and hotheaded debate (well, it is the internet, after all), but even that is coming from a different place than religious bigotry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit