One of the Governing Body had a stroke yesterday

by AndersonsInfo 426 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Is this public knowledge or does the WT not want this circulated?

• undercover
    undercover

I've said before that I don't hate JWs. I have always saved my anger for the organization but usually never speaking ill of individual people, even all the way up to the GB.

But when I hear of a GB member suffering from ill health, especially due to old age, I feel no compassion, no pity, nothing. In fact, I feel some anger and bitterness. Because of their arrogance and pride and sanctimonous attitude, millions of other people gave up careers, school, a normal life, so these guys could contiue to live in their ivory watchtower. Some people even died for them.

I hope that in his last breath he realizes somehow that there is no tunnel of light to heaven. I hope he realizes that he's not one of a chosen few to serve beside Jesus or God. He's going to die and become nothing. I want his last cognizant thought to be one of extreme dissappointment that can be seen in his eyes as the life fades from them.

Bastard.

• carla
    carla

Fantasy #1- he had a near death experience and realizes all the wrongs he has done and been a part of, goes on an international speaking tour to discredit the wt

Fantasy #2- he loses the ability to speak & write and has nothing but apostate abuse victims as his nurses who can talk to him day and night about the horrors ex jw's have gone through, he would then understand the concept of hell.

I don't understand people who mourn when evil men die. We shouldn't speak ill of the dead (or on the way out), why? If they were a scumbag in life death does not change that. Is it really speaking ill or is it simply stating facts? Like the guy who beat his wife & kids, alcoholic who only sporadically supported his family dies and people say how sad it is he died. Why? he had no desire to change his life, he saw no need and was happy in the hell he created for others, where is the loss?

The only real loss is more philisophical being that the individual wasted their potential at contributing something to society or at least those they came in contact with and should have loved. A wasted life and long line of human wreckage in their wake.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't he sort of the 'leader of the pack' within the current GB???? The only members of the GB I ever hear folks on this board discussing are Losch and Jaracz.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Carla...I understand what you are saying. Stating the facts is not wrong. As much though as we may be inclined to go further and say "I wish...or I hope this or that happens to so and so..." I would say be careful..Words do seem to come back at you. Just my opinion. I am not saying you are wrong for your view. I mean what I said with all repect for you.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    jamiebowers: What do you suppose will happen to his wife if/when he dies?

I harbor no ill wishes toward this man, although I don't blame people who do.
    I feel the same way Undercover does toward the guy. No ill wishes, but no pity either.

BUT, that all said, I do hope the powers at WTS recognize what a burden on the healthcare costs that Melita J. will be, and send her out into the field. Tell her that she is more needed in some territory and let her sleep at some members' family home and forced to special pioneer in order to get anymore money from WTS.

Of course that won't happen. The GB won't want their wives treated like that, so they will care for Teddy's wife. Such hypocrisy.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

People die, it is a fact of life. I don't usually morn for individuals who had a long life.

who was the commedian who said: "good people die young, but pricks, they seem to live forever?"

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Is this info of TJ's stroke something that is public knowledge? Or something the GB does not want circulated?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"good people die young, but pricks, they seem to live forever" ~ Lewis Black

great quote

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

The person who told me about Jaracz's stroke mentioned that I could put the information on the Internet so I took it for granted that this was not a secret from the flock. However, you know that the news will take a while to spread through the organization because no JW would want to admit to other JWs that they learned about Jaracz's stroke from an XJW discussion board. Unless an announcement is made at Bethel and Bethelites call parents or friends, it will take a while for JWs to learn about it. For those who don't know, announcements at KHs do not include news about a GB's illness or death.

Later, when I have more time, I'll answer some of the other questions.

Barb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit