One of the Governing Body had a stroke yesterday

by AndersonsInfo 426 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

The only thing the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation does after the passing of every iconic leader is to get bigger and richer. Like any other pot, the crap floats to the top. Bad people are replaced with worse people.

The lost leaders are missed inversely only to the extent of the detriment to progress they caused.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

"Gregory Peck is a man's man, the kind of man you read about in the bible. A man who came from a time when beating your woman was not only socially acceptable, but encouraged (not that I'm saying spousal abuse is right, I'm just saying that sometimes she deserves it)."

"Picture of Peck driving with a face full of scowl and a woman in the passenger seat, like God intended."

---For CTR

• Heaven
    Heaven
    BonaFide said: I really think he thought he was Jehovah's instrument on earth. He thought that all of the problems and complaining were going to be solved soon by Jehovah, so why worry now? Why make changes to the Organization now? Jehovah is behind everything. He was delusional I think.

Yes, BonaFide, I concur. He was clearly delusional. If I thought and behaved this way, I’d be institutionalized in a padded room wearing a funny white coat with arms that wrapped around my entire torso!

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

For gubberningbody, LOL

• gubberningbody
  • Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I'm sure they'll just move another hardliner in to replace him. The thing with the WTS, no individual counts. They just plug someone else in an keep moving. Cults have no concern for ANY individual.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks for all the info Barbara!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    After some five years in the Australian branch, Brother Jaracz returned to the United States, where he and Sister Jaracz now serve at the Society's headquarters.

What do you suppose will happen to his wife if/when he dies?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Never did care for Teddy. I dreaded his Morning Worship appearances. He was all about discipline, and short on mercy, as far as I could tell.

As Jeff said, however, Jack Barr was a kind, grandfatherly old soul. Always liked him.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Olin Moyles Ghost: We left Bethel at the end of December 1992. The assemblies I speak of had to be in 1991 or more likely 1992 because that's when I was working with Harry Peloyan and he was frequently spilling the beans to me.

Joe and I really liked the Barrs. They went with us out to Long Island to the shore a number of times where Alan Feuerbacher's parents lived. We had great fun and good discussions. However, although he was beloved, Jack was called "wimpy" by the writers because he wouldn't stand up and fight for what was right. He left the battles to Lloyd Barry. When Jaracz tried to stop the April 8, 1992 Awake! from being printed, Lloyd was out of the country. I think it was four senior writers that went into Barr's office to force him to overrule Jaracz. He did give in, but probably wouldn't have if it wasn't for the pressure put on him by these men.

One time I had occasion to hear for myself from Jack's lips how he wouldn't do anything to remove Gene Smalley from his position as Assistant to the GB because he said Holy Spirit appointed Gene even though I proved to him that Smalley was deceitful and worse. He made Smalley apologize to me but and encouraged me to forgive him for what he had done and that was all. (At this point I'm not telling what he did.)

There were nine people at Barr's door waiting to speak to him about Smalley's corruption the day the announcement was made that Smalley was appointed an Assistant to the GB. But Jack Barr wouldn't listen to anybody because Smalley was part of the "good ole' boy's club." One thing for sure, when push came to shove, these men were loyal to each other. I suppose that's not unusual in large organizations among leaders who have been through a lot together, especially in such an insular community that had a persecution complex.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit