One of the Governing Body had a stroke yesterday

by AndersonsInfo 426 Replies latest jw friends

• booby
    booby

Nulite and she becomes the first modern day prophetess.

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

I lived next to the Barrs in the Towers. He was so nice but I did get the impression that he wasn’t a forceful man. At the time I looked up to him as being meek.

When Barbara says he was considered wimpy I remember is handshake. Definitely not what you would call mans man. I always assumed he had a stroke or something because of the way he held his hands. I never dealt with him other than being neighbors but I never got the impression he would stand up for much of anything. One GB Helper told me Barr was faithful but the Org needs ‘Operations’ men. And Barr was not Operations.

• RaraAvis
    RaraAvis

As someone who was affected by his position on silencing survivors of child molestation while allowing molesters to remain Brothers™ In Good Standing™, I have no sympathy for Theodore Jaracz. In fact, I hope he's as physically crippled by this stroke to the same extent that so many JW children have been psychologically crippled by his evil, insane, inhumane and criminal policies. I hope he is completely unaffected mentally, though, so he can KNOW how his body has betrayed him, the same way we have come to KNOW how his policies betrayed the innocents harmed by his policies.

YEAH! What Skully said!

• yknot
    yknot

The end of an era looms......

When I was a reformist I couldn't wait until this happened..... now I am actually crying...... More then one man became a brute over enforcing WTS legends and myths.

If he is to recover from this, I sincerely hope it is with a renewed love of life and the love that Christ spoke of rather then the stern sheep beating shepherd he felt he needed to be. Nothing like death knocking to make you examine the core of your being.

Valuable lessons are to be learned equally from his talents and his shortcomings...... by those who choose to take a lead in the name of God.

Most of us were as misled as he at one time.

• yknot
    yknot

Barbara which GB said the comment about females siting on male laps?

Do you think Jaracz was guilty or a man driven by a misplaced accusation?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It's about time for them to die off. I hope all those guys rot in hell. They run a corrupt organization and perpetuate harmful and death-dealing policies, and the only way I can see them being able to do all that is if they are either 1) completely delusional and misguided by their own delusions, or 2) deliberate power-mad sociopaths.

I'm convinced that a normal, mentally-sound, emotionally healthy person CANNOT achieve the rank of Governing Body member without realizing the incredible folly in attempting to lead millions of others based on an imagined spiritual guidance.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Teddy was my DO in California at the time of my baptism, and he gave the baptism talk. Melita came on one of my studies. Years later when visiting Bethel and staying at the Standish, we were assigned to their table for meals. One day Melita was late. Teddy made no effort to talk to anyone at the table, no interest, no nothing. After prayer, his silence made all of us uncomfortable about talking. Melita came rushing in about half way through and I swear, what a look of relief on his face. He honestly looked happy and almost human at being rescued from having to suffer a meal with "others." She was friendly, and remembered the very popular sister who studied with me who was well known to have a person baptized at every assembly.

Boy, is he a cold one.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Picture I took after I left the big house.

• besty
    besty

the sign above his head is one prophecy that is coming true - guaranteed....

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Daniel-p:

[...] the only way I can see them being able to do all that is if they are either 1) completely delusional and misguided by their own delusions, or 2) deliberate power-mad sociopaths.

Both conditions feed off each other, and a pliable flock fuels the entire mess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit