One of the Governing Body had a stroke yesterday

by AndersonsInfo 426 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Theodore Jaracz

Born in 1925. Brother Jaracz was baptized in the 40s. 1951 He was sent to Australia as branch overseer. He greatly encouraged the brothers throughout the country by his zeal for theocratic orderliness and a fine lead in the field. He often took the opportunity to serve circuit assemblies reasonably close to the branch office in the role of district overseer. After some five years in the Australian branch, Brother Jaracz returned to the United States, where he and Sister Jaracz now serve at the Society’s headquarters.

• Dagney
    Dagney

He's finally on his way to his heavenly throne, in his mind.

• caliber
    caliber
    On May 19th, Theodore Jaracz had a stroke. He's in very serious condition in the hospital.

From what people have said on this board he was a very influential member.. should he pass or step aside could changes be made ?

He was one of the hardliners , it is my understanding . Any thoughts ?

Cal

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

The stress of protecting Child Molesters as well as the teachings that cause untold hurt, broken families and ruined lives must have been too much for him to bear. I would hate to be in his shoes right now and have to face judgement from a higher power (For those who believe in that).

Even though he has directly or indirectly caused untold suffering for others, I wish him a painless death.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I doubt R&F witnesses will ever know this.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Scallywagger is going to throw a party when she hears the news!..LOL!!........Somebody better be watching Jaracz,Scally will probably have a beer with him,then pull the plug!..LOL!!.............................OUTLAW

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Yes he is a hard-liner. All the following information was told to me by old-timers in the Writing Department.

Jaracz was single-handedly responsible for the hard-line attitude taken towards child abuse victims and the way that the Service Dept mishandled child abuse. He absolutely detested the October 8, 1991 Awake! about molestation and the following April 8, 1992 Awake! article that contained letters thanking the GB for the Oct. 8th Awake! He actually ordered the factory not to print that Awake! He sent out Circuit Overseers to intimidate victims with disfellowshipping if they continued to accuse elders and MS of molesting them. One of these Circuit Overseers became a GB. This man is Pierce who was rewarded for his deeds. One of the other COs who also threatened victims was named Beagle? He died after he was in Bethel for a year. He didn't like Bethel and wanted to go back out in the field but then died of a virus in his heart.

Jaracz was called "Boss" by the other GB and had been a thorn in their side ever since he was invited to Bethel to be part of the GB. Knorr invited Jaracz to be part of the GB out of anger when the directors were in the process of taking away his power. It was one of his last deeds when in power. He knew Jaracz to be a fanatic and difficult to deal with and he appointed him out of spite and to get even with the directors.

Lloyd Barry as Japan's Branch Overseer back in the 60s was sent by Knorr to Australia where Jaracz was Branch Overseer to investigate charges of Jaracz's wrong-doing. Barry removed him and Knorr sent Jaracz to California to be District Overseer. Jaracz and Barry had no love for each other all the years they served together as GB. I was not told what Jaracz did to have Barry remove him as Branch Overseer.

Do I have any sympathy for Jaracz? No. I knew the man and he was one of the oddest persons I have ever met at Bethel. He was kind and nice to outsiders such as those in the congregations, but mean as all get out to the average Bethelite. I was with him in both places one day and what a surprise to see the two people that lived in Jaracz's body!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I will not mourn him

• mouthy
    mouthy

By the way Mouthy, Ted wouldn't have been waiting for the New World, would he? I think he is planning on going straight to the big headquarters in the sky.

Oh thanks Gregor I didnt know he had a heavenly hope...I should have...

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I know he is a bad person in many respects. I believe he really thought God was using him. In person, he encouraged me to apply for MTS, I remember that so well. And later, when he visited the country I was serving in as a missionary, he spoke to me by name. It was weird too, that once I traveled to New York, 6000 miles from my assignment, on vacation, and I saw him in the tunnel at Bethel. He said, "Hi, Bonafide."

I guess its sad for me when anyone is dying, in his case I wish he had seen the end of the Organization, saw that it is false.

BF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit