ABC's report on child abuse

by Joyzabel 91 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• freeman
    freeman

She was just 9 years old, and they did nothing to protect her.

He was a known child molester and they did nothing, did not report him to the police, and did not warn anyone in the congregation. He molested his step daughter, then Candice, then his granddaughter.

A child was molested in my wife's congregation, it happened in an Elders house on Long Island NY. New York is supposed to be a mandatory reporting state. It was never reported, I asked an elder why, he said it was confidential and couldn't talk about it. The molester remains in my wife's congregation in good standing. It's disgusting! I have the show recorded on our dvr. I'm trying to get my wife to watch it.

What a brave woman she has become. What a wonderful thing she has done for so many others!

Freeman

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"Worldly people are quick to resort to lawsuits if they feel their 'rights' have been violated."

Damn straight.

I think most of us would rather put the Governing Body in prison, but when that isn't possible, we settle for whatever actions are available.

I think Watchtower is hoping any JW reading this focuses on the word "feel."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Hopefully for the protection of innocent children who are JWS , the WTS will bend under pressure to institute stronger more proactive directives against pedophiles and how its addressed by elders in their congregations.

........But I am not very optimistic

• floriferous
    floriferous

I've just watched the ABC report.

What an excellent report.

It's laughable how as the reporter says the WT 'peppered' their response with verses from the bible. Just shows you can make the bible say just about anything you want it to.

I hope with all my heart this is the start of the Watchtower being held to account.

• blondie
    blondie
    I think it will be more effective if the laws regarding child abuse are expanded and strengthened so that abuse in all religious organizations can be decreased. So many churches hide behind their twisted view of confidentiality and mandatory reporting. Check and see what the reporting laws are in your area, do they need to be strengthened, are there organizations already working to change the laws, and help them.
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth

blondie an hour ago:

"I think it will be more effective if the laws regarding child abuse are expanded and strengthened so that abuse in all religious organizations can be decreased."

Completely agree with you, Blondie.

In the UK at least, change may be just around the corner..

See this thread to find out why I am saying this.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    So if I kill my wife and there is no Witnesses then according to the borg and their interpretation of the Bible, I didn't do it and there was no crime committed. So if this not a crazy ass cult what is?
  • sir82
    sir82

So if I kill my wife and there is no Witnesses then according to the borg and their interpretation of the Bible, I didn't do it and there was no crime committed.

Exactly. Without 2 witnesses or a confession, from a JW perspective, it never happened.

If you were a CO or special pioneer, you could still be on the WTS payroll while serving your life sentence.

• OzGirl
    OzGirl
    Good piece of journalism.
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth
    BTTT for newbies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit