ABC's report on child abuse

by Joyzabel 91 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• steve2
    steve2

It would be hard for Witnesses - or those well-disposed towards them - to watch this program and not feel disturbed by the organization's child sex abuse "policies". The organization comes across in the very same light as the Roman Catholic church which the organization used to frequently criticize for the Catholic church's secretive approach to protecting priests alleged to have abused children.

The organization's blatant hypocrisy will hopefully startle Witnesses who have enlightened consciences and move them to question its archaic and patriarchal policies on child sex.

Oh, and the pedophile's wife - herself a Witness in good standing - came across as willfully blind about her man's pedophilia and is a major embarrassment. Her screeching defence of her husband -who had also abused her granddaughter (!) - is not exactly a fine advertisement for the Witnesses' religion.. Ouch! This is definitely NOT the image jw.org wants the public to have!

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Very well done!

Sadly most jw's that watch Nightline, will just change the channel. Like the good sheeple have beenwarned about all this made up apostate stuff!

On the good but bad side. It may bring others forward, and help save others from this nightmare!

Dwain

• cappytan
    cappytan

He's a member in good standing? With a beard like that?

Bravo ABC. Every dub watching this will at least see the beard and realize Kendrick is a liar if he's claiming to be in good standing.

• Watchtower-Free
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Berrygerry

"protects spiritually."

I believe this means they protect their own Web of indoctrination. Witnesses cult uses loaded words that have their own meaning within such as "the truth" "pioneer" "apostate". I think they misuse the word spirituality. For instance they might consider someone who sits by the trolly all day a spiritual person. What does that have to do with the true meaning of that word not the witness meaning?

Spiritual protection means obey over think. Belief over action. Sadly if this news article came on and people in my family were watching they probably change the channel out of a super stitious fear Satan was going to get them. Clearly to them she is just a mad apostate. Their spiritual cult protection makes them already judge this whole thing in their mind without knowing a single fact. Fact one: someone is criticizing the org. No other facts needed. Case closed.

So sad. This is why witnesses no nothing of the failings of the the WTBS or when they are watching a science show and someone says "evolution" instead of listen to evidence they immediately beginning saying how dumb these scientists are and Satan runs everything.

Spiritual protection is mental slavery. And when you make sheep thats just what you get. Incapable of self protection, that's independent thinking and clearly satanic

Not to be a downer, I actually do see this as victory. Now at doors or trolleys more and more people are gonna be asking the naive witnesses about these cases. And when they give some insane canned answer people are gonna smack their heads. The first time someone says what about the lawsuits and some glassy eyed sheltered witness reads a scripture about Jesus followers being persecuted, people's jaws will hit the floor. So this may have a good front line effect if not from us from other non witnesses.

• blondie
    blondie
    It was a telling statement from his current wife. She did not deny her husband had molested her 7-year-old granddaughter, just that he had spent 7 months in jail and paid for his crime......! I wonder if the mother of this girl is leaving her around her step grandfather?
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

At 6:15 they state, "it's not the responsibility of a religious organization to protect children from sexual abuse by other congregation members. They provide education to parents on the risk of sexual abuse."

Wow...this is incredible. This cult can tell you EVERYTHING to do in your life regarding childbearing, marriage, the sexual do's and don'ts of the sex you enjoy in marriage, the type of home you live in and the car you drive, your educational choices (the list goes on and on). So let me get this straight...they can micro manage your life on EVERYTHING but it's not their responsibility to protect the children from sexual abuse. This is just incredible. They have washed their hands of any type of responsibility! Hypocrites! The attorney is right..."if any organization needs the sun to shine on them it is this one."

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

This cult can tell you EVERYTHING to do in your life regarding childbearing, marriage, the sexual do's and don'ts of the sex you enjoy in marriage, the type of home you live in and the car you drive, your educational choices (the list goes on and on). So let me get this straight...they can micro manage your life on EVERYTHING but it's not their responsibility to protect the children from sexual abuse.

Chris Wilson of Circles UK, which helps released offenders, also rejects the idea that paedophilia is a sexual orientation: "The roots of that desire for sex with a child lie in dysfunctional psychological issues to do with power, control, anger, emotional loneliness, isolation."

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Wow...this is incredible. This cult can tell you EVERYTHING to do in your life regarding childbearing, marriage, the sexual do's and don'ts of the sex you enjoy in marriage, the type of home you live in and the car you drive, your educational choices (the list goes on and on). So let me get this straight...they can micro manage your life on EVERYTHING but it's not their responsibility to protect the children from sexual abuse.

Not to mention the fact that JWs are constantly told stories of meeting other JWs who show such great hospitality based on nothing but mutual religious affiliation. They read scriptures about "critical times" and follow it up with "what a relief it is to be able to come to the KH and be away from all that!" They constantly praise the supposed high morals of the organization and all it's members. After a lifetime of listening to that, no one is going to worry about leaving their kid with a random JW (even less so, an elder or MS) just because they published a WT about child abuse (that only happens in the "world") once in 2003.

When that molester scum in the video said repeatedly that he had never been alone with Conti, I kept hoping the guy would follow up with "Then can you give us the names of those that witnessed your molestation of Candice? I'd very much like to speak to them too."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The term " Protecting ones spirituality " is just anoter twisted way to really protect the image of the organization and the people within it.

Sick bastards

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit