What will you do when the Great Tribulation Begins?

by Malkiel 259 Replies latest jw experiences

• yknot
    yknot

Malkiel

Turning from the corporation known as the WTBS is not turning from Jehovah God.

There is a difference between religion and faith.

As of June I will not be associated with the religion known as JWs, but I have faith and will be faithful to Jehovah, by following his son Jesus.

Religion is imperfect, faith is not.

The Pharisees had good intentions when they began and you know what the results were. Same there are many JWs who are wonderful and have good intentionsm but those in position of power have become spiritually drunk and corrupt. The Watchtower and Awake may print upbuilding and truthful fact regarding living a righteous life, but that doesn't exhonerate the heart of what the WTS (corporation, not R&F) has become......a slave....slaving for 2 masters.

This path is saddening and sickening but I can do nothing to stop or change the WTBS's path, as it is a hierarchy and I am but a lowly R&F.

My loyalty is to God, not men (esp. not 9 figureheads).

Whenever the Tribulation occurs I (if I am still alive) shall be faithful.

• yknot
    yknot

Ohhh...forgot...

Malkiel.....WELCOME to the Forum!!!

You will find most of us are open to dialog if you are open to dialog.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Malkiel:

I too lost my only brother not long ago. I think of him everyday. I miss him so badly that it makes my heart ache. Still, according to the Watchtower organization, we have all missed the boat on the matter of the Great Tribulation.

The ‘battle of the great day of God Almighty’ (Rev. 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth’s present rulership, is already commenced. The Time is at Hand - 1907 Page 100

If that quote is insufficient, then look at the other 1000 quotes from Watchtower literature that mis-prophesied the GT and the Big A. I was never supposed to finish high school, get married, or have children. Time was short in those days, before 1975 also.

And they don't seem at all sure of when, or who will be resurrected it seems.

Will the people of Sodom and Gomorrah be eligible for resurrection?

• 1879 - Will be resurrected
    • 1955 - Will not be resurrected
    • 1965 - Will be resurrected
    • 1967 - Will not be resurrected
    • 1974 - Will be resurrected
    • 1988 - Will not be resurrected
    • 1988 - Will be resurrected
    • 1989 - Will not be resurrected

I ask myself daily, why I believed this organization for almost all of my first 48 years of life. I can only answer that I was duped, unfortunately. Still, I hope I see my brother someday. But I know that if I do, it will not be in the Jehovah's Witness paradise. They have never gotten anything they predicted right.

As for the matter of the Freemasons. It might be productive for you to do a careful study on the professional and organizational affiliations of your founding father, Charles Taze Russell, in that regard.

Jeff

• Zico
    Zico

I can't understand why the UN is evil. Is it because it promotes peace, something only God's Kingdom can bring real, lasting peace?

Isn't this like declaring hospitals evil for trying to cure sick people, since only God's Kingdom can bring real, lasting cures?

Bizarre.

• undercover
    undercover
    You recommend that I study, which I have done plenty of. And my findings point to another organization, Freemasonry (and Illuminati) preparing an aggressive push toward a reconciliation of the world's government,economy, and religion. The UN is heavy with members of this society, along with many other important governments. All this is fullfilling biblical prophecy before our very own eyes.

wooohooo...someone left the gate open at the rubber room facility...

• Malkiel
    Malkiel

yknot-

i really appreciated your response, it was very sincere.

You seem devoid of the sarcasm and hate that many others obviously have within.

Why don't you take another look at the world's current events and compare them with the 'sign' communicated by Jesus. Remember that the 'pains of birth' will become to the point of being unbearable. perhaps this has not yet happened here in the US, but worldwide it has.

you already know what scriptures to compare to all of this, meditate deeply.

Remember that in Noah's time, it was absolutely necessary to 'enter the ark' to survive.

I know this sounds cliche and corny and all that, but it was true. Jehovah's organization is that ark. And know that I will pray for you, since that is all i can really do.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Are you saying that Jesus lied? I don't understand your argument.

Okay. Jesus existed. I will grant that. I won't get sucked into an
    atheist/fundamentalist/Christian mainstream argument. Jesus existed.
    Historians are pretty confident about that.

The four Gospel accounts in the Bible (and most of the ones that are not
    in the Bible) were ALL written after 70 C.E.

Followers of the Yahweh faith that became Christians knew that all the
    Yahweh faiths, the one that became modern Judaism and the one that
    became modern Christianity and any others that died off, focused on the
    Temple in Jerusalem. They needed to get their people to see that the
    end of the temple was not the end of their faith.

We will focus on how the "Christians" did it.
    They wrote their Gospel accounts and decided that Jesus would focus
    his life on the religion that included the temple, but would prophetically
    announce it's destruction. Little Boy Jesus visits the temple. Jesus
    throws the money-changers out of the temple. The kicker is where the
    disciples say, "Look at the marvelous temple." Jesus answers that
    "not a stone will be left upon a stone." Even that wasn't true, there were
    some stones on stones and a section of wall standing. But it was very
    poetic and easier to remember than "The temple will be torn down."

The Gospels were written in such a way to highlight that worship can
    continue without the temple, for indeed, the temple was already gone and
    the people were devastated. So the Gospels added what would take the
    place of the temple- Jesus' own body would be that temple.

Jesus isn't the one that lied to you, friend. The great authors/editors that
    founded the Way or Christianity lied to you. These are the ones who chose
    the four Gospels and rejected all others.

Jesus may or may not have said, "The temple is not needed to worship the
    Father. All who worship worship with spirit and truth" or some things along
    those lines, but it was a post-temple destruction author that told you all that
    stuff about a great tribulation and the conclusion of the (very Israelite) system
    of things. Even those authors had no intent to extend the prophecy they gave
    to Jesus to 2000 years later.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I've seen and read these references to when the Watchtower had interactions with the UN. These interactions or relationships honestly reminded me of when Daniel and Joseph were second in command in Babylon and Egypt, respectively. It does not prove anything other than Jehovah will utilize his people to advance his Divine will.

The Bible is full of these contradictions. Actually, doctrine based on the Bible is full of them.

YHWH would never think to sacrifice a child to the fire, but go ahead and kill all the women and
    children of your vanquished enemies (except the virginal girls that you can rape and make more
    Israelites with). Jepthah's daughter was sacrificed similarly to Abraham's son, but YHWH did
    not interfere and stop the process. Okay, there was no fire, but YHWH likes to let innocent
    children die all the time. Flood, war, city destruction, Armageddon- yet He loves everyone.

(Edited to add: blood issue can go before Armageddon above.)

WT Doctrine says to stay out of her if you do not want to receive her plagues. You can get disfellowshipped
    for joining the Y to use the pool, but your leaders can join the plague-infested U.N. and stay members
    as long as the rank-and-file don't know about it. Hypocrites. You say it's the same as Daniel
    and Joseph being second in command. WTS would have said Daniel and Joseph were "no longer
    Jehovah's Witnesses." WTS would have shunned Peter, not reproved him. He denied Christ 3 times
    after receiving a warning- shows proper counsel and repeated acts in disobedience. Jesus gave him the
    keys to the pearly gate- who would be right?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

If you are correct Malkiel... I will no doubt be flipping your stinking, little, cowardly, putrified god the bird as he murders me with a car sized hailstone.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If I were wrong.... (I am sure I am not but for the sake of your argument)

If I were wrong, then I would rather be put to death at the Great Tribulation
    than live through and serve the God who murdered innocent Muslim and Buddist
    and Jewish and Tribal CHILDREN. Children who never even received a WT magazine,
    or who didn't know how to read it. Children whose parents told them to think
    for themselves and sent them to birthday parties and Christmas celebrations just
    for the fun. Children who didn't know that the strange people at the door were
    sent by Jehovah, so Mommy and Daddy slammed the door. Children of politicians
    who never wanted to listen to the JW's. I could go on and on.

God is the craftsman and we are just the clay. If he wants to give life to the clay
    and make it understand the joy of living and loving, then smash it under his (spiritual)
    foot because it couldn't figure out among the myriads of religions which one was
    slightly less wacko than all the others, count me out. I will eat and drink and be
    merry until God says, "The JW's were right."

What will you do when that same God says, "The Mormons were the right religion." ?
    (Yes, gang- a reference to South Park.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit