What will you do when the Great Tribulation Begins?

by Malkiel 259 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Right now folks, A LOT is happening in the political world.

Gordon Brown (Prime miniter of England) last week gave a speech to the UN stating that it is time for the UN to step in and solve the world's problems, (specifically mentioning the economy and hunger crisis worldwide.)

Barrack Obama is shaping up to be the next president, a fellow who sure knows how to persuade and lead great crowds. No doubt he will be the other 'horn' of the beast that gives life to the UN, as Brown has already made his ideas and plans clear.

If you look carefully, Freemasonry (sun worshipping) has laid the foundation to begin executing their 'secret' plan to give life to the UN, it in turn substitute all currency with one, and finally substitute all religions with the Craft (or Freemasonry).

This fulfillment clearly follows the scriptural prophecy.

The 'sign' that Jesus communicated to his apostles is becoming incredibly intense (pains of birth) and the situation cannot possibly get better now. We've reached apparently a climatic point in history.

What will you folks do if you feel distanced from our God Jehovah and this Great Tribulation begins?

Ronald Reagan went on the rampage against the King of the North.
    George W. Bush got UN support to lead the troops into the deserts around the promised land.

The International Year of Peace.

Lots of stuff here to focus on, but nothing happened then.

Inidividual JW's say that tornadoes and hurricanes are a clear part of the sign, but I don't
    read that in my Bible. I do know that you are going to hear of wars, reports of wars, BUT
    the end is not yet.

"No doubt" Obama is not mentioned as a sign or part of a sign of the last days or any kickoff
    to Armageddon. You sound like WTS when you say "no doubt" and "clearly" yet the end is
    not yet.

You know good and well that IF THE GREAT TRIBULATION BEGINS, (and it won't) we would
    beat our breasts in lamentation, so why ask? But what are you going to tell your great grandchildren
    when you are lying on your deathbed in your 80's or 90's. "Children, I waited my whole life for
    an end that was right around the corner. I never got an education, I never waivered, heck I never had
    oral sex with Great Grandma in the day. I want you all to waste your lives the same as me."

OH WAIT. Your kids or grandkids will most likely look up accurate information and get out of the WT
    organization, so you will still be shunning them on your deathbed. Nevermind.

Edited to add: The WTS joined the United Nations for 11(?) years up until 1991(?) Look it up.
    What part of the sign was that? Was it the one where WTS isn't going to survive the GT either?

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

OH WAIT. Your kids or grandkids will most likely look up accurate information and get out of the WT
    organization, so you will still be shunning them on your deathbed. Nevermind.

OTWO - I like that!

• Free
    Free

The Great Tribulation, What a great name for a roller coaster ride.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

.....loud mouth, boastful and blasphemous. It yelled blasphemies against God, blasphemed his Name, blasphemed his Church, especially those already dwelling with God in Heaven.......

Does the beast post on JWD?

Burn

• TD
    TD
    Right now folks, A LOT is happening in the political world.

My grandparents could remember Russell. They spent their entire adult lives believing the end was never more that a few years away at most. Something was always happening in the political world to confirm this. My parent's generation could clearly remember Rutherford. They lived their entire lives in the same state of expectation. I remember the Cuban missle crises myself and how the JW's were sure that this was "The big one."

There is always a crises brewing and the JW brand of apocalypticism lends itself to whatever that crises happens to be. It's the unavoidable result of egocentric eisigesis. Jesus' immediate audience were his contemporaries, not us.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The Great Tribulation, What a great name for a roller coaster ride.

That is so doable. I am finding out when the next "Name the rollercoaster" contest begins.

Our Great Tribulation Coaster could have a pit of fire and brimstone right at the bottom of a drop.
    There could be the four horesmen, and there would be JW's with flyers that say "We told ya so."

I suppose it would be too expensive to have a skyscraper fall and just miss the coaster on
    every ride- maybe just a film of that on a jumbotron. At the end, the riders get out and are in
    Paradise and get to kick the beachball against the elephant and pet a lion. Lots of fruit will
    be served out of picnic baskets by women in proper length skirts.

• Open mind
    Open mind
    But the alternative is there; what better choice is there?

Well let's see.

JWs: Live on earth forever with JWs and don't eat steak, chicken or seafood again. Also, if you weren't lucky enough to be an Armageddon survivor, there's a fair chance (according to current WT dogma) you'll never have sex again. If you dare to question ANYTHING..... Jehovah will smite you dead on the spot. And any whiney angel onlookers who have a problem with that will get the same thing.

ISLAM: There's the good old 72 virgins in heaven.

MORMONISM: Get your own planet. Kick a$$ and be the king. Not sure if you get lots of wives or not anymore. Just one would be fine though.

HINDUISM: Nirvana.

Agnosticism/Atheism/Deism etc: Don't know. Make the most of this life. Here's the atheist's wager which I kinda like.

"You should live your life and try to make the world a better place for your being in it, whether or not you believe in God. If there is no God, you have lost nothing and will be remembered fondly by those you left behind. If there is a benevolent God, he may judge you on your merits coupled with your commitments, and not just on whether or not you believed in him."

BOTTOM LINE:

WISHING something to be true.......

does not make it so.

(Unless your name happens to be Dorothy and you have the appropriate footwear and mantra.)

Sorry for yanking at your spiritual teddy bear. Mine got yanked a while back and it hurt a lot. Now I'm a lot better.

OM

• Malkiel
    Malkiel

exnjjw-

You mentioned flicking god off on your way out. I assumed you were angry at god.

AK-Jeff-

you could be right, i might be sincerely wrong, but the bible is clear on the events during the last days, and there is too much evidence outside the Watchtower that supports the scripture.

By the way, thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Let Allah be praised

• Malkiel
    Malkiel

Open mind-

all your 'alternatives' could be interpreted as 'paradise' in one form or another, all beating the option of death and inexistence. My point exactly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit