What will you do when the Great Tribulation Begins?

by Malkiel 259 Replies latest jw experiences

• restrangled
    restrangled

I'd try to stay alive.....Like we did in '75

r.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Religion is the opium of the people.

I just don't get a buzz off the vegetarian paradise anymore.

Reality is where it's at.

Eternal life in "Paradise" as dictated by the Watchtower has no appeal to me anymore.

Death as an escape from ultimately inevitable pain doesn't sound so bad either.

The Watchtower really screwed up when they decided not to hang onto Hellfire. It could have kept a few more inside, IMO.

OM

• Malkiel
    Malkiel

momzcrazy,

Your children will be in paradise, Jesus Christ himself promised it. I lost my brother and i would give anything to embrace him again. And I will, Jehovah has promised me. This gift of resurrection is a blessing, don't you think so? I am sorry if i offended you, but the scripture is clear in regards to God's promise concerning our dead loved ones.

Jehovah himself chose us and allowed his own son to die a disgracefull and terrible death. Our life now, (wether its considered fortunate to be alive or not, depending on personal circumstances) is not the epitome of our personal existence. That will come VERY soon, when we join our loved ones and worship God forever.

However, I know that no words can ease our pain. (I know it doesn't for me when I deeply meditate on my dear brother). But the alternative is there; what better choice is there? I've yet to find one.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

For me the great tribulation began in 1983 when I joined the watchtower cult and ended in 2003 when I left it.

Even if the JWs were right and I survived into their "new system", I would immediately blow my own head off rather than live in a world filled with worthless shit watchtower cultists. I decided on that course of action long before I stopped believing in their tripe.

W

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Read your Watchtowers!

The Great Tribulation began after the beginning of Christs invisible presence in 1874. The Faithful and Discreet Slave proved it way back then.

You are listening to APOSTATES if you believe otherwise.

Why have you chosen as an alias the name of one of the astrologers who visited Jesus?

I really feel for your bereavement. I have lost several loved ones recently. i however take comfort in the fact that my broken heart will one day be still.

HB

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    However, I know that no words can ease our pain. (I know it doesn't for me when I deeply meditate on my dear brother). But the alternative is there; what better choice is there? I've yet to find one.

You are right that no words can ease our pain when we loose someone we love but you can learn to move one with out believing in what the WT teaches or what the bible might say. I for one do not believe that the bible is the word of god, I was raised in the JWs but after I discovered many things I did not know about the bible I change my way of seeing the world. I accept death has being a natural part of life and I find it easier to deal with. I don't expect you to believe me and I know that loosing someone we love is very difficult. We all deal with things differently. If you are happy with your life and the way you see the world then continue on that path but living in fear ( great tribulation) is never good.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Oh my Holy Lord! I am done listening to this clap trap bullsh*it. This is why I left. I am going to heaven when I die. My dad is there waiting for me. I am tired of people trying to convince me to believe what they say is the truth! Let ME read the Bible if I choose to, and interperet it the way I understand it.

I'm outta here, play with the troll if ya'll want.

momz

• Free
    Free

Run far away from Brooklyn and those old fools who think they speak for God.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Oh my Holy Lord! I am done listening to this clap trap bullsh*it. This is why I left. I am going to heaven when I die. My dad is there waiting for me. I am tired of people trying to convince me to believe what they say is the truth! Let ME read the Bible if I choose to, and interperet it the way I understand it.

I'm outta here, play with the troll if ya'll want.

momz

Holy crap!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I'd probably laugh uncontrollably. It's the great tribulation, what makes you so sure you'll make it through the persecution. I'll probably smile and wave at all the self-righteouss witnesses who give up their beliefs to stop the persecution.

In the end I'll just ride it like a roller coaster, put up my arms and yell "Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit