What will you do when the Great Tribulation Begins?

by Malkiel 259 Replies latest jw experiences

• minimus
    minimus

Mal, what I'm saying is YOU sound like a born again Christian, not a JEHOVAH's Witness. True Witnesses reflect upon Jehovah, not so much Jesus. You're doing just the opposite!

• Malkiel
    Malkiel

Eyes open-

Please refer me the Hebrew scholar, i'd appreciate that.

Minimus-

Are you saying that only born again christians have affection for Jesus and EVERYTHING he did for you and me????

You know, when my brother died, i reflected on Jesus' death more than i'd ever had. Having my brother die in my arms ;literaly, helped me appreciate the terrible death that he experienced, for US!!

I figured, if Jesus, Jehovah's own son, died a terrible death, why should we be exempt? And yet, Jesus's death was the least death in vain, because thru that death i will one day soon embrace my brother, what is wrong with that idea?

And who made all of this possible to begin with? Jehovah.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'm jumping in a bit late, but I figured I'd give my answer to your original question...

What will I do when the Great Tribulation begins?

First of all, I was raised to believe that "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." "This Generation" refers to those who saw the events of 1914. Most, if not all of them are dead, so either the Great Tribulation has already come and gone, or it's all a load of rubbish.

If it has already come and gone, then we must already be living in Paradise Erf. But if it's a load of rubbish, then either Jesus or the Watchtower is a load of rubbish - quite possibly both.

• sacolton
  • chikikie
    chikikie

Quality not quantity I say! (obviously Id love to have both but the first one is preferable)

• Malkiel
    Malkiel

Sacolton-

and yet only Jesus is called Son , while only Jehovah is called Father.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Malkiel:

Just before Jesus expired, he said "Father, into your hands I entrust my SPIRIT". I too have lost a dear family member, and I take great comfort in the fact that their spirit has gone back to the Creator. I no longer wait for a resurrection, because they are already in Jehovah's hands...Interestingly, Stephen commended his spirit to Jesus. See Acts 7:59 "While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, "LordJesus, receive my spirit." Just something to ponder.

I was where you are at about 5 years ago and then I started READING, voraciously reading everything in sight that had to do with the Bible, the formation of its canon, early Christian history, and the history of the religion variously known as the International Bible Students, Russellites, Watch Tower Society, Jehovah's Witnesses, Jehovah's Christian Witnesses, and a rumored new name change to come sometime soon. It was a wild ride, but it is well worth it. Your eyes 'will be opened' as per Genesis - knowing both the good and the bad. While you attend the Kingdom Hall, you will hear nothing but the GOOD about the religion. There is much BAD and that is what you will find out once you truly investigate. You are a searching individual, and as Jesus said, "Seek, and you shall find."

Welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you with us!

• Malkiel
    Malkiel

meeting junkie no more-

thanks for the welcome,

Ezequiel (i'm bad with pulling verses out of memory) also states that the 'soul' of man who dies returns to Jehovah. Isn't this the same idea? what do you think?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Malkiel, it's good to have you on the discussion forum. Please forgive my bad manners in not welcoming you on yesterday. You said

and yet only Jesus is called Son , while only Jehovah is called Father.

Genesis 18:22 And the men turned from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before Jehovah.

Jesus stated that no man has seen the Father, yet Abraham saw and talked to Jehovah!

The above is from the American Standard Version of the Holy Scriptures which was used extensively by the WTS at one time.

The NWT pulls out all stops to keep the reader from realizing that YHWH/JEHOVAH/JESUS are one and the same.

My advice to you is to keep researching; the Holy Spirit will open your eyes and guide you away from error.

With love and peace.

Sylvia

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Malkiel,

The book I have in mind is How to Read the Bible: History, Prophecy, Literature - Why Modern Readers Need to Know the Difference, and What It Means for Faith Today by Steven L. McKenzie.

I feel that reading that book (as well as the bible and full blown commentaries on Daniel and Revelation) resulted in my eyes being opened. It does not attack faith in the bible and Christianity, but promotes a much clearer understanding of the relevant literature. Chapter four is particularly pertinent, but it's all well worth reading. As I said before, you won't find anything related specifically to Jehovah's Witnesses in there. This is about constructive, positive education.

If you have a read, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit