What will you do when the Great Tribulation Begins?

by Malkiel 259 Replies latest jw experiences

• real one
    real one

Malkiel, go back to page one of this thread and answer all of those questions you missed. Im sure i speak for everyone when i say you are avoiding certain questions.

• real one
    real one

btw, hello Billy!

• LunaFing
    LunaFing

I don't believe that "the end" is coming, so I have nothing to worry about. My mother has been trying to drag me back to "the Truth" for 10 years now and she has asked me the same question. She has even tried to use my love for my kids as emotional blackmail to come back. She tells me I should be a JW for the sake of my children. What kind of God would destroy children just because their parents aren't JW? That doesn't seem right to me. When I'm dead I won't feel or think anymore. What is so wrong with that? Stop trying to force your beliefs on people. Why get on this discussion forum and challenge our opinions? Shouldn't you be out in service instead of being online? The internet is evil remember?

• Satanus
    Satanus

'it is time for the UN to step in and solve the world's problems, (specifically mentioning the economy and hunger crisis worldwide)'

'the situation cannot possibly get better now.'

Gee, what's so bad about solving the the economy and hunger problems? You seem really confused about priorities. If the whole world was turned into a place of plenty, w economic security, and good health, your doom and gloom style religion would shrink drastically.

S

• changeling
    changeling

I no longer believe in the Bible nor the god of the Bible (or any other, for that matter). So your question is really irrelevant for me. However, I'll play along...

If there is a "great trib." coming in which a trully loving suprerme being will punish the wicked and bless the righteoous. I have nothing to worry about. I have many faults, but I'm basically a good person. A loving god would not destroy good people, that would not be loving would it? And that is one reason why I no longer believe in god or the Bible. This book says "God is love" but then portrays him as nothing of the sort. It makes no sense.

Now a question for you: Are you counting your time "witnessing to us on JWD"?

changeling :)

• janemissy
    janemissy

Malkiel!

See, this is what happens almost every time when witnesses gets questions og the difficult sort.

The will never answer properly or rarely at all. Is it because you don't know, or because you don't want to?

Ok, you did give us some answers at the beginning of this thread, but then ...nothing.

Come on, don't be shy, we really want to hear.

My contribution to the matter is this: back in -75 we saw all sorts of evidences of "the sign". If it was ar bit blur in parts of it, we just made one up.

When the Gulf war started, it was REALLY a sign.. etc. etc.

Every person living in a church that predicts "the end" will always look for proof of having right. We like to believe that we, now, live in the center for all theese thing to happen. Otherwise it would not be much point, would it. If it was to happen sometime in the future, it would'nt be any reason for the members of that church to warn others.

No immediate punishment, hence, no opportunity for the leaders to keep their members in control.

So sorry, I have to say it; Same sh..t, new wrapping.

Jane

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Hence, confirmation bias.

Malkiel - I would like to know what you think of the book I recommended if you read it. Please let me know. Thanks.

All the best.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I wonder why we bother with these sort of threads?

Nearly everyone of these guys comes along with paper-thin argumentation, empty speculation, and a refusal to answer even the simplest of logical questions. I once beat my brains out with this type - and still find myself trying to reach them - but think the best course of action might just be to do as they would do to us on the street - shun them!

On second thought - we are not of that evil mindset any longer are we? So - carry on! Still 10 pages of questions, and ZERO answers, would seem enough.

M - if you bother to look at this post [and I doubt you will] - there is one simple question that I have put to Jw's for several years now. None of them even bother to answer, most just completely ignore it [you know, like you have done to everyone on this thread so far]. Anyway, answer if you dare.

Please prove to me, with facts, no assertions, that Jehovah's Witnesses were selected by Jesus in 1919. Provide the evidence, hard facts to back this assertion. Without proof of this, the Watchtower crumbles into a sick religion that has lied to it's adherents about a special position with God.

I await your evidence.

Jeff

• real one
    real one

Yeah prove to me that they are guided by Holy Spirit. Everyone in the Bible guided by Holy Spirit were always correct. Why are they allowed to make mistakes and God still approve of them? Then use the excuse of new light. Lets all hope M is researching what we have taught him ya'll and he is ready to join us

• snowbird
    snowbird

I hope we all will do as Jesus recommended in this passage from The Message Bible:

Luke 21:34 -36 "But be on your guard. Don't let the sharp edge of your expectation get dulled by parties and drinking and shopping. Otherwise, that Day is going to take you by complete surprise, spring on you suddenly like a trap, for it's going to come oneveryone, everywhere, at once. So, whatever you do, don't go to sleep at the switch. Pray constantlythat you will have thestrength and wits to make it through everything that's coming and end up on your feet before the Son of Man."

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit